• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This week's nfl predictions

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Carolina at Kansas City, 1:00 pm

Carolina's decimated offense will rejoice at seeing Kansas City's defense (or lack thereof) but Kansas City has a bit too much punch for Carolina to handle. Chiefs 28 Carolina 21

Chicago at Green Bay, 1:00 pm

Rivalry game, but a mismatch. Despite losing Grady Jackson, the Packers will terrorize Rex Grossman, who isn't a rookie but throws like he is one. Terrell should have a reasonably good day, but Green Bay's running game is too strong for Chicago. Packers 31 Bears 13

Denver at Jacksonville, 1:00 pm

Jacksonville's defense has been strengthened with the addition of Del Rio, but Denver will pound the ball with Griffin and Plummer will go up top to Watts, Lelie and underneath to Smith. Look for Bailey to have a big game, and Denver to win big. Broncos 28, Jacksonville 10

Houston at Detroit, 1:00 pm

A battle of two bad, but improving teams. After getting embarassed at home by the Chargers, Houston will look to improve against a Detroit team that was hurt by the loss of Rogers. Jones should find a bit more running room against Houston but I think Houston wins. Texans 20 Lions 14

Indianapolis at Tennessee, 1:00 pm

Another classic rivalry matchup. Indianapolis's top ranked offense will face a top rated defense. McNair should find targets and Brown should be able running room against Indianapolis' undersized defensive line. Titans 35 Colts 31

Pittsburgh at Baltimore, 1:00 pm

A defensive battle, Jamal Lewis should rebound this week even against the tough Pittsburgh defense. Baltimore will again have trouble throwing the ball, but with the top rated defense in the league, they should be able to terrorize Tommy Maddox. Ravens 17 Steelers 13

San Francisco at New Orleans, 1:00 pm

After last week's debacle, both teams are looking to rebound. Barlow and McAllister should both have better weeks than last, but look for Brooks to go up top to Stallworth and Horn, and McAllister to rush for 100+ yards. Saints 24, 49ers 14

St. Louis at Atlanta, 1:00 pm

Michael Vick should improve in his second week running the West Coast offense, but Bulger and the Rams have their Coryell offense dialed in. While Atlanta should put up respectable totals, look for the Rams to light up Atlanta. Rams 31 Falcons 21

Washington at N.Y. Giants, 1:00 pm

A storied battle, and Gibbs is once again on the sidelines. Thunder and Lightning will have little room to run against Washington's suddenly tough defense. Portis should be able to run against the Giants defense and look for Brunell to rebound this week. Redskins 24 Giants 17

Seattle at Tampa Bay, 4:05 pm

With or without Shaun Alexander, Seattle should put up some points against Tampa. Without Galloway and McCardell, Tampa will have trouble scoring points against the tough Seattle defense. Seahawks 20 Tampa 10 in a defensive battle.

Buffalo at Oakland, 4:15 pm

A battle of has-been QBs, Bledsoe battles Gannon. Henry and McGahee should have solid days and Turner may switch horses to Fargas as Wheatley is definitely not the answer. Gannon should be able to go up top for a few points, but Buffalo's running game is a bit too strong. Bills 20 Raiders 17

Cleveland at Dallas, 4:15 pm

Another interesting game. Will Testaverde throw the ball 50 times? Will the Cleveland defense put up another stout defensive effort? Will Dallas find a running back that is any good? Who will start at RB? In a pickem, Cowboys 20, Browns 14

New England at Arizona, 4:15 pm

Biggest mismatch of the week. Arizona is improved, but they still aren't good, especially without Boldin. Fitzgerald will be frustrated by the NE secondary and they should terrorize McCown. Emmitt Smith will show his age, and NE rolls, 35-7

N.Y. Jets at San Diego, 4:15 pm

Another mismatch, but not quite as bad. Pennington should air it out and look for Martin to have another big game. Brees should continue to be improve and Gates should have a TD or so, with LT rushing for 100+ but the Jets should win, 31-10.

Miami at Cincinnati, 8:30 pm

Will the Dolphins open up their offense a bit? They better, as Cincinnati should score some points. Look for Rudi to put up another 100 yards against a defense that didn't allow a 100 yd rusher all last season. Lamar Gordon should show some promise but the Bengals should win, 20-14

Monday, Sep. 20

Minnesota at Philadelphia, 9:00 pm

Here is the shootout of this weekend, Culpepper and McNabb should air it out while Smith and Westbrook try to pound it out on the ground. The Eagles have a little better defense and the Vikings have a slightly better offense. I like Minnesota, but this should go either way. Vikes 38, Eagles 31.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carolina at Kansas City, 1:00 pm

Carolina's decimated offense will rejoice at seeing Kansas City's defense (or lack thereof) but Kansas City has a bit too much punch for Carolina to handle.  Chiefs 28 Carolina 21

Monday, Sep. 20

Minnesota at Philadelphia, 9:00 pm

Here is the shootout of this weekend, Culpepper and McNabb should air it out while Smith and Westbrook try to pound it out on the ground.  The Eagles have a little better defense and the Vikings have a slightly better offense.  I like Minnesota, but this should go either way.  Vikes 38, Eagles 31.
Update: Stephen Davis is out. I'm not putting a dime down on Carolina.

In related homer-ing, I'm anti-Panther since my team's third NFC Championship loss in a row last year. The Eagles have a tough draw this week with Minnesota, who is just so unpredictable. Luckily, it's their toughest draw of the season, they don't play the class of either Conference. We'll see, though, parity makes for interesting late-season matchups.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Stephen Davis is out. I'm not putting a dime down on Carolina.
tounge.gif

F4iryder14

Reaction score
Chicago at Green Bay, 1:00 pm Rivalry game, but a mismatch. Â Despite losing Grady Jackson, the Packers will terrorize Rex Grossman, who isn't a rookie but throws like he is one. Â Terrell should have a reasonably good day, but Green Bay's running game is too strong for Chicago. Â Packers 31 Bears 13
tounge.gif
... It's been a long time coming for us Bear fans, but I am sure glad you were wrong on this one. Kevin

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I won money on the three games I actually bet on this weekend:

Eagles vs Detroit
Pittsburgh vs Miami

and most importantly, Wisconsin vs PSU.

I don't think Wisconsin is going to cover next week though...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads