• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This week's nfl picks

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sep. 26 \tPittsburgh \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Miami \t\t\t\t\t\t
Line Miami by 1

My pick is Pittsburgh. Miami can't move the ball offensively, and while Staley and Bettis will have trouble moving the ball on offense, they have more weapons and a better offensive line.

Sep. 26 \tJacksonville \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Tennessee \t\t\t\t\t\t
Line Tennessee by 6

I like Tennessee by at least a touchdown in this one. While Brown likely won't continue his streak of rushing for 100 yards in the first half, Jacksonville is not Indianpolis and will not score many points against this defense.

\t \t
Sep. 26 \tCleveland \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat New York Giants\t\t\t\t
Line Giants by 3

I think people are reading a little bit too much into the last Giants game against Washington, where the Redskins gave the ball away 7 times, and almost still won. I'll take Cleveland and the points.
\t
Sep. 26 \tBaltimore \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Cincinnati \t\t\t\t\t\t
Baltimore by 2.5

I think Baltimore can move the ball against Cincinnati and will pick them here. The Ravens should be able to contain both of the Johnsons.
\t
Sep. 26 \tHouston \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Kansas City \t\t\t\t\t\tChiefs by 7.5

Vegas trap game... if the Texans can't beat the Lions, how are they going to beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead? Chiefs win big

Sep. 26 \tNew Orleans \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat St. Louis \t\t\t\t\t\t
Rams by 7

Rams/Saints is always an exciting matchup. Remember the game a couple years ago where the Rams almost made a big comeback until Hakim fumbled? I think the Rams roll against NO w/o McAllister.
\t
Sep. 26 \tChicago \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Minnesota \t\t\t\t\t\t
Minnesota by 10.5

Another trap game, I'd take Minnesota, they should score early and often. Don't look for another strong effort by the Bears defense. \t

Sep. 26 \tPhila. \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Detroit \t\t\t\t\t\t
Eagles by 4.5

No respect for the eagles? Mariucci may be here but these are still the Lions. Eagles win big.
\t
Sep. 26 \tArizona \t\t\t\t\t\t
10 a.m. \tat Atlanta \t\t\t\t\t\t
Atlanta by 10

Atlanta rolls, Arizona can't stop anyone on defense, and their offense sucks.
\t
Sep. 26 \tSan Diego \t\t\t\t\t\t
1:05 p.m. \tat Denver \t\t\t\t\t\t
Denver by 10

You would be tempted to take San Diego and the points here, but this game is at Mile High, look for the Broncos to win big.

Sep. 26 \tGreen Bay \t\t\t\t\t\t
1:15 p.m. \tat Indianapolis \t\t\t\t\t\t
Indy by 6

I'd take Green Bay and the points here. The Colts are good, but I think Favre will rebound from his debacle last week, he bounces back as well as anyone in the NFL.
\t
Sep. 26 \tSan Fran. \t\t\t\t\t\t
1:15 p.m. \tat Seattle \t\t\t\t\t\t
Seattle by 10.5

10.5 points is a pretty strong line, especially for a Seattle team that hasn't scored that much this year. I'd take the niners and the points.
\t
Sep. 26 \tTampa Bay \t\t\t\t\t\t
5:35 p.m. \tat Oakland \t\t\t\t\t\t
Oakland by 3.5

Why is Oakland favored in this game? Take Tampa and the points.
\t
Sep. 27 \tDallas \t\t\t\t\t\t
6:05 p.m. \tat Washington \t\t\t\t\t\t
Washington by 2.5

I'd take Dallas and the points here also. Washington probably won't turn the ball over 7 times this game, but I don't think they'll run too much against this defense, and Ramsey/Brunell aren't exactly superstars.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the Seattle offense wakes up this week. We really should not lose this game to such a mediocre 49ers team. The Seattle D is tough this year, and I wouldn't put +10.5 points out of the question.

I guess we'll find out in a few days eh?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Seattle will win, but I don't think they will win by more than 10... the 49ers have put up points against some pretty good teams.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sep. 26 San Fran. 1:15 p.m. at Seattle Seattle by 10.5 10.5 points is a pretty strong line, especially for a Seattle team that hasn't scored that much this year. I'd take the niners and the points.
CRASH... (The sound of a few hundred thousand people jumping on the bandwagon) Looks like the offense woke up, and the D was tough (as predicted). Good thing for you I'm not a betting man.
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Drizz, Just to be devil's advocate here
devil.gif
, what's your record so far?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was 5-9 ATS this week, but won the three games that I bet money on. (2 NFL, 1 college) I'm by no means an expert when it comes to predicting scores otherwise I would probably be working in Vegas
smile.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I lost on the Redskins last night, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger (pun intended).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads