• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This picture is blowing my mind

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy on the right looks to have just arrived from 1961 and Reagan is bizarre in a completely different way.
Reaganvintage.jpg

tlmusic

Reaction score
Yeah, that picture hurts my brain a bit, too.

When was it taken?

President Reagan's outfit reminds of something a singer might have worn on the Lawrence Welk show.

So many "strong" elements...

The gentleman on the right--what kind of tie is that? ...and his pocket square looks like one of the pre-folded jobs they sold to people during the 1990's "swing revival" to go with their zoot suit.

tlmusic

Reaction score
I have to add:
One thing that makes these outfits look so striking is that it appears the wearers put a lot of thought into the coordination of the various elements. Also, the clothes look expensive.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy-on-the-Right looks like an extra from Mad Men Also, note the one button on the cuff of Reagan's unfortunate jacket. (and the pattern matching)

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the Gipper's commie beating jacket.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They wore some crazy *********** 80s.

The guy on the right looks like he dressed up to kiss Reagan's ass. That's how people thought Reagan dressed. Note the Reagan hair he's sporting.

But Reagan really dressed like the guy on the left.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It must be either Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.
smile.gif

tobyparker

Reaction score
One button on the jacket and one on the jacket sleeve. it looks like, perhaps, a jacket that is given by a club or organization in an honorary gesture. It's a disaster, but you know, he pulls it off.

He mostly like to wear brown suits. TBP

Osprey Guy

Reaction score
Well.... As usual, it appears that I'm the odd man out....

I happen to really like Ronnie's jacket. In fact before I got past the photo I had already decided that it looked like it was a beautiful (and expensive) jacket, the one button sleeves notwithstanding. And he does indeed pull it off nicely.

But then that's me...

The guy on the right, on the other hand.... yikes (although his suit is a nice shade of blue).

Dennis

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
It must be either Christmas or St. Patrick's Day.
smile.gif

I think it is St. Patty's day and the guy is the ambassador or some honorary Irish guy. The tie on the man on the left sorta matches with what Irish wear on St. Patty's day.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
I think it is St. Patty's day and the guy is the ambassador or some honorary Irish guy. The tie on the man on the left sorta matches with what Irish wear on St. Patty's day.

That would be the first twenty year old ambassador I have ever seen...

satorstyle

Reaction score
Reagan was so stylish with his gear only he could pull this look off, not to shabby.

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Osprey Guy
Um....You do know the identity of the "man on the left"...yes?

Um, looks like sonlegoman was born in 1982 and spends his free time with legos, so maybe he doesn't know who it is.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads