• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

This oil spill is a dangerous subject!!!

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
I posted on my facebook last week that i think Obama needs to worry more about this than meeting the New York Yankees, Uconn womens basketball team and having Paul Mcartney play for him. I got several comments back blaming both sides. My sister made the last post saying "Don't teach your son to hate everyone like you do. Your not perfect." Now she won't talk to me or my wife. My cousin is acting the same way. What is with people?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hello MrPolGuy.

PoloPlayr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrgoblueguy
I posted on my facebook last week that i think Obama needs to worry more about this than meeting the New York Yankees, Uconn womens basketball team and having Paul Mcartney play for him. I got several comments back blaming both sides. My sister made the last post saying "Don't teach your son to hate everyone like you do. Your not perfect." Now she won't talk to me or my wife. My cousin is acting the same way. What is with people?

Come again?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also often make political statements on Facebook, and, like you, I often get replies from both sides. I've discovered that it's a sound method for who among my friends hold political philosophies that are ridiculous and logically inconsistent.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You did the right thing, the others just have their head too far in the game.

runner-guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey mrgoblueguy, born and raised in Warren, MI here. First of all, unless it is a misspelling on your part, teach your sister how to use "your" and "you're" correctly. Second, I have always thought it's stupid that the president meets championship teams anyway. You're entitled to your opinion and if others don't like it then too bad.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ha ha. I wonder when people will figure out posting political comments on facebook is retarded.

JesterM

Reaction score
Facebook + Politics = massive lulz

I love seeing the bizarre political groups people belong to.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tell the bitch to learn the difference between your/you're before talking shit.

edit:
damn, I was beaten to it.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont make political comments on FB. Its just a disaster waiting to happen and - obviously - can make things awkward.

In fact, unless its guaranteed to make me laugh, dont post anything. I dont give a shit you have a case of the monday. It wasnt funny before, its not funny now.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think we need a new threak.

Things Oil Spills Like.

suitedcboy

Reaction score
We are a very tough country to govern. If any president had proposed that we fund a multi-million, probably multi-billion dollar fleet of skimmer boats with crew and periodic training, it would have been attacked as a boondoggle and waste, etc. If anyone has proposed that oil companies do the same it would have been lambasted as government being heavy-handed with business and the costs will be passed to consumers, etc.
The president has little he can really do but push BP. Our navy does not have the manpower nor the equipment. The National Guard is pretty much occupied with Afghanistan and also is not equipped to do anything more than labor of sopping up globs of oil, something BP can pay out-of-work fishermen to do. Is there anything anyone can do that would please everyone? Do we not understand that we take risk with any drilling offshore and if the state's tourism boards do not want oil drilled too close in sight of beaches then we have to go to the greater ocean depths to drill?
I guess it would be a public relations win for him to pack the white house and go to the gulf but do you think the president or his staff is not working on this diligently? Is the president supposed to be everywhere that has a problem? His going to the Gulf area on this problem is no more likely to make this go away than a trip to the front lines in Afghanistan is going to end that conflict.
We need to quit being puppets of the super-opinionated media.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's