1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

This Month's Shoe Damage

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

Very nice Andrew. Those Southwold/Cardiffs are making me want my order more and more!!! [​IMG]

2. Torque

Torque Member

My only shoe purchase 2006 was a pair of C&J Chelsea 5 with Dainite soles in Chestnut through Pediwear. I ordered them in December as Winter shoe, but it took them until end of February/begin of March for delivery. They are really beautiful boots, and (un)fortunately Winter decided to stay a bit longer this year (it's Mid-March and we have -4°C and about 1m of snow, when it normally should have disappeared 2-3 weeks ago...), so I even can put them to good use. [​IMG] Normally I would now think about shoes for the summer, but looking outside of the window into the white landscape doesn't put me into the mood for it [​IMG]

3. cucurojko

cucurojko New Member

Do the Bexley shoe tree fill in the shoes in the width at 100% ?

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do the Bexley shoe tree fill in the shoes in the width at 100% ?

Personally, I love them and think at US$21/pair, the value is fantastic. I currently own 24 pair of these.

As for completely filling the shoe, the answer is yes. They are split and hinged.

5. aportnoy

Every time you post one of these, I hate you more and more.

[​IMG]

After seeing the 2003 Special and Newbury, I had to run to the defibrillator. Absolutely phenomenal.

Thanks M. The burnishing on the burgundy Newbury is spectacular and I wish it came across better in the photos. Green really nailed both of my special ordres.

6. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Nice selection as always aportnoy. Here's my Saks order: EG Kibworth III [​IMG]

7. lameduck

lameduck Active Member

I can't compete with aportney's wonderful recent acquisitions but here is my modest purchase of the month.

EG chelseas's on the 202 last. They are my first EG's [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ADORE the 202 last. [​IMG]

8. aportnoy

Nice selection as always aportnoy. Here's my Saks order:

EG Kibworth III

[​IMG]

Those are gorgeous TR, are they dark oak or burgundy?

9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Fantastic purchases, aportnoy. I love grained calf, and that museum gold is gorgeous. But I must say that it's the olive that speaking to me right now. You might want to keep it under lock and key....[​IMG]

10. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I'm really impressed with the Edward Green "Newbury" in the mink suede. I think that may be the nicest looking wholecut I've seen. [​IMG] I do feel sorry for the poor minks that gave their lives for it, though...

Mental note: get wholecut in suede.

11. aportnoy

I'm really impressed with the Edward Green "Newbury" in the mink suede. I think that may be the nicest looking wholecut I've seen. [​IMG] I do feel sorry for the poor minks that gave their lives for it, though...

Mental note: get wholecut in suede.

Thanks AC, I hope PETA doesn't find out. I'd hate to get "pied."[​IMG]

12. aportnoy

Fantastic purchases, aportnoy. I love grained calf, and that museum gold is gorgeous. But I must say that it's the olive that speaking to me right now. You might want to keep it under lock and key....[​IMG]

Thanks Teach. Susie Jones referred to it as the "FrankenCardiff" at the trunk show when I was describing it to her. Remarkably, they've rendered it perfectly.[​IMG]

13. TimelessRider

Those are gorgeous TR, are they dark oak or burgundy?
    Those are dark oak on the 202 last. I think would look good on the 82 last as well. A medallion or a plain wing-cap would be nice additions too.

14. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

Those are dark oak on the 202 last. I think would look good on the 82 last as well. A medallion or a plain wing-cap would be nice additions too.
    That reminds me: is it just me or are the boots in your avatar (which I think were in dark oak as well) now much lighter in colour than when you first got them?

15. TimelessRider

That reminds me: is it just me or are the boots in your avatar (which I think were in dark oak as well) now much lighter in colour than when you first got them?
    It's a different pair. [​IMG]

16. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

It's a different pair. [​IMG]
    You have two pairs of Shannons? [​IMG]

17. TimelessRider

You have two pairs of Shannons? [​IMG]
    The balmoral boot is probably my favorite boot design. I hope to get more.

18. Stu

Stu Senior member

My only shoe purchase 2006 was a pair of C&J Chelsea 5 with Dainite soles in Chestnut through Pediwear. I ordered them in December as Winter shoe, but it took them until end of February/begin of March for delivery. They are really beautiful boots, and (un)fortunately Winter decided to stay a bit longer this year (it's Mid-March and we have -4°C and about 1m of snow, when it normally should have disappeared 2-3 weeks ago...), so I even can put them to good use.

[​IMG]

Normally I would now think about shoes for the summer, but looking outside of the window into the white landscape doesn't put me into the mood for it [​IMG]

Those are next on my list, but where I live it never gets cold. Do you think they are too heavy for summery weather with jeans and such?

19. benecios

benecios Senior member

Love them all.I have the 2003 in black and it is one of my favourite shoes.I also have the Southwold on order on 888 last in burnt pine.Can't wait to get my hands on it.

20. aportnoy

Love them all.I have the 2003 in black and it is one of my favourite shoes.I also have the Southwold on order on 888 last in burnt pine.Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the kind words! IIRC, you've also been quite busy.[​IMG]