• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This jacket is awesome!

Analog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goldengloves
Yea I like the coat because it's almost in between dress and casual. Looks a little like a blazer but then looks like regular outerwear.

Quoted for truth. I love versatile pieces - they become so much more precious. Post pics when you get it Goldengloves
smile.gif

Goldengloves

Reaction score
Haha, we shall see if LA guy can work some magic. I would be greatly in debt to him if it does work out.
smile.gif
Oliver Spencer actually has some really nice pieces this season. Another great one is the "Short Withnail & I jacket."

Analog

Reaction score
Yea, just went thru their website - I like a number of pieces from the Fall '05 and '06 collections. Might need to give the NY store a ring ...
rolleyes.gif

mizanation

Reaction score
goldengloves, RRL makes a sweater in that style. got it for my birthday. it's become my favorite sweater (and the warmest).

Roland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mizanation
goldengloves, RRL makes a sweater in that style. got it for my birthday. it's become my favorite sweater (and the warmest).

Miz,

Did you get the black overdyed indigo sweater with a zipper, buttons, down the front and oil cloth lined cargo pockets? If so, I envy you.

Analog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland
Miz,

Did you get the black overdyed indigo sweater with a zipper, buttons, down the front and oil cloth lined cargo pockets? If so, I envy you.

Pic or link please
smile.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check with Denim Bar. They carry Oliver Spencer.

mizanation

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland
Miz, Did you get the black overdyed indigo sweater with a zipper, buttons, down the front and oil cloth lined cargo pockets? If so, I envy you.
roland, sounds just like it, except i don't think that this is black overdyed. i think it's just regular black yarn. also, it has a cool strap and buckle on the collar. it was the only birthday present i got this year, but it was a good one! Analog: i don't think i'll be able to find a link. and i'm too lazy to take a pic!

prozach1576

Reaction score
That coat is indeed awesome. I saw that post on his blog and it made me stop in my RSS reader.

manifest v

Reaction score
I hate those pockets, but I love the fabric and agree with you all on versatile outerwear.

I think this jacket is better:

jpgoodsshopimg427x58711568463812fi4.jpg

7op9.jpg

I've been dying about this jacket for 3 3 months now!!! I can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if maybe I can just find a suitable pea-coat or double breasted jacket then tailor the front to look like this... anyone know if this can work?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
What brand is it, maybe I can help you find it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads