• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is Not a Polo Shirt

thomasec

Reaction score
Does anyone know who carries these besides bands online shop?

Can anyone comment on the quality and fit?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
barneys coops carry them.

I really like how they fit and feel but they're definitely pricey for a polo shirt.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
people are still buying these?

garmis

Reaction score
I purchased a size 3 (large) and was definitely satisfied with the fit, construction, and hip self-deprecation (tiny 'logo' embossed on the chest). I just sold it in B&S to fund other purchases, realized I am not partial to polos in general. To comment on the fit, I am 6' 185 lbs. and here is the 3:
DSC02767.JPG
I also tried on a 2 (medium), it would have been a very slim fit, and with my build not totally flattering IMO. If you want the really slim look BoO advocates in its lookbooks, I'd say go TTS.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
people are still buying these?

Care to elaborate? Saks has them, and right now they're doing F&F, so most of the shirts would be around $100.

garmis

Reaction score
I never imagined I would fork over $150 retail for a polo shirt..never imagined that is, until I tried one on. The price is quite steep, but most SFers are conditioned to paying $150+ for a button-up shirt, so why is it so absurd a polo can go for the same?

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
i think he means "people are still marsupialed enough to buy these?"

As opposed to essentially being a cross dresser (as per your pic with long pink hair and heavy makeup in WAYW2A)?

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
As opposed to essentially being a cross dresser (as per your pic with long pink hair and heavy makeup in WAYW2A)?

Ha, look at his most recent posts:

"anyone know where i can get some dressy sweatpants? preferably with selvage"

"i only wash my clothes when i get *** on them"

"cher's a baller"

And my personal favorite, especially out of context:

"three inches holy ****"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads