• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is kind of awkward but, where can I find a suit coat as long as..

otacon

Reaction score
..THIS
2h67c4z.jpg

Because I'm really thinking about it for Hallowe'en.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
I would suggest contacting Commissioner Jim Gordon at Gotham City Police Headquarters and asking him to flash the Bat Signal to contact Batman and ask him for the name of his tailor.

batsignal.jpg

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
I would suggest contacting Commissioner Jim Gordon at Gotham City Police Headquarters and asking him to flash the Bat Signal to contact Batman and ask him for the name of his tailor.

batsignal.jpg

The Bat signal is only for emergencies and what the OP is asking is not an emergency. Public funds are in short supply and you would be wasting tax payer money.

A better way I'm told is to set up an appointment with Bruce Wayne of Wayne Industries or drop by his palatial mansion-can't miss it its the biggest and ask fro Alfred and show him the pic. Alfred, I'm told is very very knowledgable of such things.

arc

Reaction score
The coat doesn't look all that long really. Just buy a cheap jacket in a long size, shorten the sleeves, and take some shears to the bottom of it?
tongue.gif

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otacon
..THIS
2h67c4z.jpg
Because I'm really thinking about it for Hallowe'en.

It's only made any longer than a normal coat by the odd bat-wing points along the hem. And even then, not by much; the trousers are high-waisted (to be worn with the waistcoat).

otacon

Reaction score
I thought about that arc
laugh.gif
I'll see where it goes.

You guys really don't think it's much longer than a regular coat though? Looked to me more like it went down as far as his finger tips (were his hands open) but I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the call on the pants, Sanguis--good eye.

If I do end up doing it, I'll be sure to post pics for you guys
tinfoil.gif

otacon

Reaction score
Oh, right.

Color wise. Charcoal suit, black vest? But where am I going to find a charcoal bowler... I could reverse it and do a grey vest with a black suit, but I don' t know how tacky that would look. Opinions?

otacon

Reaction score
Probably not around where I live, unfortunately. Maybe a medium grey, but I think that'll look awkward with so much dark. I'll have to look into it.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otacon
Probably not around where I live, unfortunately. Maybe a medium grey, but I think that'll look awkward with so much dark. I'll have to look into it.
http://www.villagehatshop.com/product3230.html http://www.villagehatshop.com/gg-derby-blk.html As colors go for hats, matching colors was very rare. You wear a hat that 'goes', rather then an exact color match. A lighter gray hat would be absolutely fine with a dark suit. Also, bowlers traditionally came in two colors- light gray and black. Occasionally brown for country wear. Black was by far the more common. Something like charcoal simply wasn't made. Soft felt hats (fedoras, though that's only a style of soft felt hats, and a very recent one in terms of human history) had a lot more color variation, as they were a more casual item.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to a cheap shop, buy the longest available and chop it up.

After the party burn it and ensure that the CCTV tape is wiped so that no one knows that you have been there.

otacon

Reaction score
Thanks. I'd just looked on there a bit ago but somehow passed over the Jaxon one. Probably what I'll end up with if I don't swap the grey and black around.

I didn't know that about bowlers and soft felt hats though--interesting, and it also explains why one can find a fedora in virtually any color. Coincidentally, I have a dark grey fedora, similar to the one in your picture that would be a closer "match" more closely but is too informal for the comedy of the costume. That hat you posted should "go with" the costume. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by GBR
Go to a cheap shop, buy the longest available and chop it up.

After the party burn it and ensure that the CCTV tape is wiped so that no one knows that you have been there.

Words to live by.

otacon

Reaction score
I completely forgot about that website! Thank you very much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads