1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

This interior is amazing

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by bawlin, May 20, 2009.

1. Treen

Treen Senior member

^^^ +1. It's like sitting in a smoking jacket or a library. Pretty sweet either way.

2. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Also this is cool, but wtf happens when the lcds break or someone accidentially smashes them in midflight???

[​IMG]

They have back up instruments, but it would take a lot of force to break one of the screens. there is no reason to touch the screens anyways...

I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?

my dad's 91 buick regal had heads up display. not anything new or revolutionary. C5 corvettes have them as well

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

this dash over the bmw..... [​IMG]
    Nice.

4. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?

I had an 89 pontiac that had it.

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

I like it. Very reminiscent of the Honda S2000 interior. If only the exterior didn't have so many blemishes.

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Here's my favorite.. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. username79

username79 Senior member

New ZHP interior: [​IMG] As the above demonstrates, I think BMW has really widened the gap between themselves and their competitors lately. For example, look at the steaming turd mess in the G37: [​IMG] +1 for BMW.

8. nate10184

nate10184 Senior member

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the modern BMW interiors though I think they look okay. I just rented a brand new Audi last week and the interior grew on me a little. I always thought the e39 M5 had the best interior I'd ever seen in a non-exotic. [​IMG]

9. fossil8412

fossil8412 Member

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the modern BMW interiors though I think they look okay. I just rented a brand new Audi last week and the interior grew on me a little. I always thought the e39 M5 had the best interior I'd ever seen in a non-exotic.

[​IMG]

Looks a lot like my e46 330i...

10. Asterix

Asterix Senior member

The only car interior that is worthwhile to me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. username79

username79 Senior member

The only car interior that is worthwhile to me. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FAILcar did have a nice interior, I'll give you that.

12. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the modern BMW interiors though I think they look okay. I just rented a brand new Audi last week and the interior grew on me a little. I always thought the e39 M5 had the best interior I'd ever seen in a non-exotic.

[​IMG]

The E39, whether M5 or just a 540i sport or something will always be the gold standard for sport-luxury sedans in my eyes. Awesome comfort/handling balance for a car it's size and weight and stylistically a study in restrained elegance.

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

All but that huge V and W on the steering wheel.. [​IMG] Talk about a constant reminder..

14. Asterix

Asterix Senior member

lol.... it failed in the US under the VW brand but sold like hot cakes as a Bentley.......... how sad for the dumb badge whores who paid almost 100K extra to drive practically the same car with a different badge. [​IMG]

15. Asterix

Asterix Senior member

All but that huge V and W on the steering wheel.. [​IMG] Talk about a constant reminder..
    A pride in their engineering accomplishment (thumbing their nose at Beemer and Benz) I'd take it to be especially since they released practically the same car (built of 80% identical parts on the same production line) for the brand whores later as a Bentley........... Now that is genius [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^test drove a phaeton when i got my touareg. was totally blown away. was seemingly killed by brand whores who as you say preferred to overpay for more expensive buy equal or inferior cars.

17. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

A pride in their engineering accomplishment (thumbing their nose at Beemer and Benz) I'd take it to be especially since they released practically the same car (built of 80% identical parts on the same production line) for the brand whores later as a Bentley........... Now that is genius [​IMG]

I was only kidding, from what I read, that was a pretty impressive car from an engineering perspective. I did remember being skeptical that VW could pull off a super premium luxury sedan, thought it was a huge risk.. It is a nice interior though..

18. Asterix

Asterix Senior member

I was only kidding, from what I read, that was a pretty impressive car from an engineering perspective. I did remember being skeptical that VW could pull off a super premium luxury sedan, thought it was a huge risk.. It is a nice interior though..

Gnatty8, I actually was just having fun enlightening folks about the highly unappreciated but superb gem that we briefly had in the US but is now only enjoyed by the rest of the world. The interior I posted (which has been slightly modified since inception) is from the 2010 model. Most Phaeton owners I know are having a hard time finding replacement cars that compare without having to resort to going the Bentley route.

19. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

So the Phaeton was only discontinued for the U.S. markets? Interesting. Wonder if that says anything about the immense power of brand in the United States?

I am a BMW man, and could never see myself in a VW, ever. I actually doubt I'd even give the brand a chance since I can't think of a situation in which I'd find myself test driving a VW to be won over. That said, BMW earned my loyalty through terrific performance, excellent service, and what I find is pleasant styling. I don't think VW has ever had a car at my point on the demand curve. The Phaeton is nice, but I could never see myself driving it, or its closest competitors. Not me.