Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

This interior is amazing

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by bawlin, May 20, 2009.

1. Sprezzatura2010

Sprezzatura2010 Senior member

I think I like Audi TT's interior much better...that other Audi pic was from an S5 which is basically a sedan so that is not really a fair comparison.

The Ur-TT had a brilliant interior. Every one since that has been a big letdown.

I like this Z4 one, though. With the Bungle hackwork gone from the flanks and no more preggo belly between the wheels, it's a good-looking car on the outside, too. Too bad they only offer excessively large engines in the US. If we got the 2.5L (s23) or better yet a ~2L engine, with better fuel economy and lower emissions to go with the power reduction, I'd consider trading in the Miata for one. But no way in hell I will ever, ever own a three-liter car. That's just disgusting.

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

But no way in hell I will ever, ever own a three-liter car. That's just disgusting.

What.

The.

Fuck.

You must be European.

3. Sprezzatura2010

What. The. Fuck. You must be European.
    Only half. But I'm sensible. There's just no reason for an individual to require a car with so much heft that it needs three liters of motor or more to move smartly. So I wouldn't do it.

4. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Only half. But I'm sensible. There's just no reason for an individual to require a car with so much heft that it needs three liters of motor or more to move smartly. So I wouldn't do it.

Agreed. My car has 1.5 liter 4-cylinder. But I'm not a car lover or anything like that.

5. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

this dash over the bmw..... [​IMG]

6. A Y

A Y Senior member

Too bad they only offer excessively large engines in the US. If we got the 2.5L (s23) or better yet a ~2L engine, with better fuel economy and lower emissions to go with the power reduction, I'd consider trading in the Miata for one. But no way in hell I will ever, ever own a three-liter car. That's just disgusting.

Let's hope the rumors of the Z2 are true, then: 1000 kg, 4-cylinder, 2.something liters, but still plenty of horsepower, probably turbo.

--Andre

7. Sprezzatura2010

A good-handling RWD 1000kg 4-pot roadster with a prestige badge on the nose is pretty much my dream car. Though 1.something liters would be better than 2.something liters. My Miata, with ~150hp from 1.8L, is just fine power-wise. Even though they likely won't give such a thing a steering wheel as fantastic as the wood Nardi one that Mazda installed on factory 2000 and 2001 Special Edition Miatas. Unless the next gen Elise is easier to get in/out of. Because otherwise the Elise is the perfect car for someone like me.

8. unjung

unjung Senior member

9. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

10. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

Check out Spyker for hawt interiors.

11. Treen

Treen Senior member

^^^ +1. It's like sitting in a smoking jacket or a library. Pretty sweet either way.

12. Flieger

Flieger Senior member

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Also this is cool, but wtf happens when the lcds break or someone accidentially smashes them in midflight???

[​IMG]

They have back up instruments, but it would take a lot of force to break one of the screens. there is no reason to touch the screens anyways...

I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?

my dad's 91 buick regal had heads up display. not anything new or revolutionary. C5 corvettes have them as well

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

this dash over the bmw..... [​IMG]
    Nice.

15. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?

I had an 89 pontiac that had it.