• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Guy Is Obsessed With Soda Pop

doubleb

Reaction score
I dig that cucumber soda
If only everyone had that passion when they came to work/fun everyday

flashback

Reaction score
I love living in LA. Coincidentally I'm a big lover of soda, so I will probably be frequenting this place from now on. Thanks for sharing.

Also - you can see Bundaberg Ginger Beer in the background of the video, which is one of my favorites. It's from Australia and it's fantastic. Not the easiest thing to find but some places do carry it. Definitely check it out if you have the chance.

flashback

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sissy Spacerock
Would give anything to be that stoked about anything.

so you have no passion? Thats really sad.

HitMan009

Reaction score
That's one happy guy...... Anybody that is upset with life should meet this guy. Any idiot willing to pay for a "self-help guru" should meet this guy first.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I met this guy today.

I've been wanted to go to his shop for a while, but it's far out in a ghetto part of town. He was drunk, but still hard working and just as happy, but just not as exuberant. I think the reason why I like him so much is that he knows absolutely everything about everything in his shop, but he goes about it in a friendly way. He doesn't want to impress anyone, only share the enjoyment he has with it, and that in itself is impressive. He would retell some of the things mentioned in the video, then expand on it.

In Nashville they have municipal pumps of naturally carbonated sulfur water. My grandfather would drink it and my mother always thought it was horrible. I wanted to buy a bottle of sulfur water as a gag present to my mother. I asked him if he had any and he instantly went into all the different sulfur waters there were, what countries were from, and how they varied. When I told him about the municipal pumps from Nashville, he was genuinely interested in hearing about it.

They dont show it in the video, but he also has a ton of exotic beers and a whole wall full of sake, but no other alcoholic beverages. There is also a part in the back where they sell deli meat, and a small stand that has potato chips from the UK. He also has lots of odd candy. It's a very interesting shop. I dont think he really cares about what desires customers have as a whole, he just stocks things that he enjoys and because of his personality and unique store, everyone is willing to meet him half way.

I left with about 30 bottles of soda. I only drink about 2 sodas a week at most, so it will last me a very long time.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
If only we had 10,000 original stores like his instead of 10,000 starbucks or subway franchises.

I mentally have people like him classified in to a certain group, and they are some of the best people alive. His little smiles made me smile.

Like a kid in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, I'd be.

This is on my go-to list for next time I'm in SoCal. Right at the top.

I figured he had beers as well since you need a license for those beer-style-brewed sodas I believe, and he might as well sell beer. The beer and sake is just another reason to go!

Great post , thank you!~
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads