• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Finamore shirt has me perplexed

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say wear it with a navy blue tie or possibly a nice solid brown cashmere tie, but I think you would get the most wear out of the shirt if you just wear it without any tie.

-LR

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Alright, so what did you decide????

Still on the fence. Agreed with all of you that it would be fantastic sans tie, but I really need more shirts for ties. There is a very similar one in a purple that I know would fit the bill, so I think Ill pick that up for starters to make sure of the fit, them work my way up to that.

Or get them both. Depends on how many more Jack Daniels are ingested before heading back to the online shop.
smile.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I think I want it, have no idea what I would wear with it. Collar seems perfect, color is awesome, fit is great... but what to do with it?

Best I can come up with is a brown tie, but what suit?

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...4/FN4414-1.jpg

I had a Lewin shirt just like that. Wore it with a light beige (tan) cotton suit in the summer with an inappropriate tie. If the sleeves didn't creep up with laundering I'd still have it.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
Spoopoker, I have an RLPL shirt in pretty much the same color and pattern. I wear it with a mid gray suit and a Polo tie which has a mid blue background with orange dots. I do not wear it every week but I am glad that I bought the shirt. I would say go for it. Here are some cell phone photos of the shirt and tie. Excuse the crappy phone pics.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3...0122900102.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7...0122900103.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8...0122900104.jpg

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5...0122900105.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2...0122900106.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Poshak Man
Spoopoker, I have an RLPL shirt in pretty much the same color and pattern. I wear it with a mid gray suit and a Polo tie which has a mid blue background with orange dots. I do not wear it every week but I am glad that I bought the shirt. I would say go for it. Here are some cell phone photos of the shirt and tie. Excuse the crappy phone pics.
Hey thanks man - thats actually one I had not thought of... its not bad at all.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
I have a very similar shirt, with a different collar though. The purple tie you have will look great with that orange shirt. I wouldn't go with brown, too dull. The navy or purple looks great and really pops.

Tez Mulan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I think I want it, have no idea what I would wear with it. Collar seems perfect, color is awesome, fit is great... but what to do with it?

Best I can come up with is a brown tie, but what suit?

FN4414-1.jpg

Hello, where can I find this make of shirt please?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
^ That with a blue blazer, white linen square, odd trousers and no tie would be pretty killer.
I think I once saw JPHardy wearing that exact outfit in WAYWRN. It was indeed pretty killer.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown was a good call. Wear it with one of your funky orange or brown Tom Ford pocket squares!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that shirt design (not by Finamore, but Loro Piana). It is ridiculously hard to match it up with anything meaningful, but the times I did wear it I rocked it with a plum colored suit and deep red tie, other time it rocked big time with a taupe suit and darker purple tie
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. I am in a similar predicament, but with a green stripe shirt (by Finamore). The green stripes are lime green, so quite tricky to match with tie colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads