• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This coat...or that one

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 sets of coats - a semi Heavy type and a jacket type. I can only keep one of each. I need your help in deciding. I am 6'1, 215. In the pics Im wearing Nudie RRDS and my white undershirt and slippers...

Round One: The Peacots. [/size]
"Look at that peacoat tell me he's broke"
I live in Southern California. The weather is usually pretty nice but occasionally gets a little chilly like this week. I wanted a semi heavy coat just for the winter months - light but warm enough.

#1. Generra Heavy Brushed Cotton Peacoat in Navy (XL), $100. I am wearing this in the pic - already bought from Revolve but can return in 3 days if I dont like it. Im wondering about the fit. Seems a little large around the chest but Im afraid a L might be too short in the arms, and how the Navy color works. I prefer a black but this was all they had.
000_0007.jpg

000_0009.jpg

000_0011.jpg

000_0015.jpg

#2. J. Lindeberg Short Cropped Pea Coat sz. (XL), $60. For sale from forum member MonkeyFresh, havent bought yet. Thinking the Grey might be more versatile than Navy? Lightweight too.
PickUps8-18-08006.jpg

Round Two: The Non-Hoodie Jackets

#1. YMC Zip Shirt Jacket in Black (XL), $70. I am wearing this in the pic, bought from Revolve. Can return in 3 days If I dont like. Very light weight. Needs a good ironing.
000_0018.jpg

000_0019.jpg

000_0021.jpg

#2. Juicy Couture Mens Military Black Denim Jacket (XL), $70. Bought off ebay, should be in any day now. THought it might be a cool denim jacket despite being Juicy. Will resell if it looks like crap.
8c5f_1_sbl.jpg

f170_1_sbl.jpg

fe8e_1_sbl.jpg

SO...Which coat/jacket do you like best? How does the peacoat fit? Worth sending back to get the Grey one? Any input appreciated....

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't sell the peacoat.

Post pictures of the J.lindeberg.

I despise Juicy Couture for the attrocities they make for women, but that jacket looks OK, post some pictures of yourself wearing it and we'll see.

brohymn

Reaction score
IMO that zip jacket looks like garbage and you should return it.

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
i will go with the Juicy Couture Mens Military Black Denim Jacket and the Generra Heavy Brushed Cotton Peacoat in Navy. between them i prefer the Juicy Couture Mens Military Black Denim Jacket. i hope that helps!

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the #1 peacoat looks legit. I don't see pictures of anything else. As for the YMC, that jacket really looks like it needs some buttons. I liked the concept of the YMC brand when it first started, but the more pieces I see the more it reminds me of something you'd get at Urban outfitters instead of something from a real designer.

edit I see the pics now. definitely get rid of YMC. if the juicy fits you then you may want to keep it. But as a man how can you really wear something that says "juicy" in it?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
edit I see the pics now. definitely get rid of YMC. if the juicy fits you then you may want to keep it. But as a man how can you really wear something that says "juicy" in it?

Yea, the juicy brand name was the only thing holding me back... The guy isnt shipping it out til Friday so I dont know how exactly it will look.

As far as the YMC, its a light shirt jacket. I kinda like the plain style but will give in to the knowledge of the forum. I got it on deep discount at revolve but need to return it in 3 days, therefore, I need to know asap what the consensus is. I just need a lightweight jacket.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone else have any opinion on why the ymc coat sucks?? I dont get it

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no side pockets on the ymc? thats inconvenient

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for the YMC either-- it's a shirt jacket, with no garish additions to make it offensive or unpleasant to the eye. At worst it's plain and uninteresting. The cut is basically a box, though, and that will make it far less flattering for your body than another jacket would be.

As for the JC jacket, the puckered seams annoy me, and there are quite a lot of them. I appreciate the high armholes and suppressed waist, but the material and seams just make it seem cheap.

I'm also not a fan of the Generra peacoat. The waist could use more definition, especially when you plan to wear it with such fitted denim. If you plan to keep this coat, definitely make sure it passes through a tailor's hand.

At the moment, I'd hate to say this, but the YMC is my fave.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to lack of respect/enhusiasm I decided to send the YMC jacket back today. Hoping the *cough, cough* juicy denim is ok.

Keeping the Generra peacoat, question though...how reliable is it to have a tailor alter those? Seems like a lot of work with the internal pieces. Also, what should I ask him to do? Slim it through the body, keeping the existing seams entact? Thanks all

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
Thanks for the feedback. Im kinda surprised the YMC is getting so much hate. Anyone have any reason? Dont like the fit/style/cut/etc.?

Here it is on the model...
http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...b%2FSearch.jsp

I don't like the YMC either. Lol. I just don't like the styling of it man and I don't think the fit is the greatest on you either. How old are you btw? Maybe its an age thing? I'm 26 and couldn't see myself wearing it. Now say if I was older (early 30s) maybe.

I like the styling on the Juicy couture jacket.

kstanl

Reaction score
The ymc makes you look short because it is loose and cropped. Definitely has to go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads