1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of changing S4 order color... maybe Meteor Gray???

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by pg600rr, Oct 4, 2010.

1. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Finally.... more/much better pics to come, just didnt have time, atm

[​IMG]Image Hosting

2. brianja

brianja Senior member

Anyone know if the S5 and S4's have the same carbon build-up issues as the RS4's?

The carbon buildup is present on all of the FSI (direct injected) engines. There is some thought that the B8 S4s may show less carbon buildup over time because of the supercharger, but nobody really knows yet. They haven't been around long enough. I do know that a friend of mine had a PES supercharger on his RS4 for a while (plus an oil catch can setup) and it did nothing for the carbon buildup. It was just as bad as before.

The nice thing is that once you have it cleaned out you reclaim all of that power back. We just dyno'd a friend's sprint blue RS4 (actually the one in my photo with the papayas and glut orange) and he reclaimed about 40awhp from his cleaning. I can put up his dyno plots if people are really curious.

IMO, Imola yellow is by far the best color. If you don't plan on reselling it, why are you concerned about resale value?

It's all a matter of taste, but having seen and photographed almost every color I have to say I am least impressed with imola on the RS4. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Finally.... more/much better pics to come, just didnt have time, atm

Congrats on the new ride! I hope you are enjoying it.

3. tesuquegolfer

tesuquegolfer Senior member

I have an 05 S4 in Silver and I hate that the mirrors blend with the paint color. They contrast nicely with Black and Grey. I like the way the silver mirrors say, "I am an S4." The other way is as I fly by in an seemingly innocuous sedan!

4. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

Bringing this back up because I'm curious what the OP did. I just bought an A4 yesterday in Brilliant Black. This is a flat black and deeper compared to the phantom black, which is a pearl color and softer.

I didn't want to get black because my last car was black. I wanted something different and black is a pain in the ass sometimes. But black is still my favorite color so that's what I went with. Meteor gray is pretty cool but I don't think it looks as good in person as it does in pictures. I was debating between brilliant/phantom black and meteor gray for a while though. I normally don't like silver, but I like it on the A4. If Audi brings the A4 Avant Allroad to the U.S. then I may have to get that in something different.

I'm a little worried about the black paint and swirl marks. I tended to not wash my last car too much because I wanted to avoid the swirl marks. This left my car looking dirty all the time. Silver is probably the best way to go if you don't want to wash your car if you can deal with the blandness.

5. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Bringing this back up because I'm curious what the OP did. I just bought an A4 yesterday in Brilliant Black. This is a flat black and deeper compared to the phantom black, which is a pearl color and softer.

I didn't want to get black because my last car was black. I wanted something different and black is a pain in the ass sometimes. But black is still my favorite color so that's what I went with. Meteor gray is pretty cool but I don't think it looks as good in person as it does in pictures. I was debating between brilliant/phantom black and meteor gray for a while though. I normally don't like silver, but I like it on the A4. If Audi brings the A4 Avant Allroad to the U.S. then I may have to get that in something different.

I'm a little worried about the black paint and swirl marks. I tended to not wash my last car too much because I wanted to avoid the swirl marks. This left my car looking dirty all the time. Silver is probably the best way to go if you don't want to wash your car if you can deal with the blandness.

I went with the PB, those are the pics of my car a few posts above.