1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of changing S4 order color... maybe Meteor Gray???

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by pg600rr, Oct 4, 2010.

1. brianja

brianja Senior member

That would be very helpful, I didnt even think of adding the alum-optics option to it (I believce it is dealer installed).

How did that look with the alum look door blades?

I thought it looked good. I wasn't sure if it would stick out too much with the Ti package but it didn't.

Will look for pics tonight, but here are some pics the owner (Richie) took when he picked up the car a month ago. Since these pics the car already has: KW V3 coilover suspension, fast intentions downpipes and exhaust, APR reflash and some cosmetic changes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

... and US DOT-reg orange turn signals continue to ruin the looks of cars.... [​IMG]

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Car looks good in black.

4. brianja

brianja Senior member

Phantom Black B8 S4 photos from Sunday (click to enlarge):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

black. black audis are fucking sexy. OT, the white A5/S5 is hella nice. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. brianja

brianja Senior member

OT, the white A5/S5 is hella nice.

Yes. Yes it is.

This one on black DPEs was with our group on Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

just got word car will be avail. for me to piick up at the end of next week.... pretty excited, it has been a looonngg wait!

i'll post some pics when it arrives.

8. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

just got word car will be avail. for me to piick up at the end of next week.... pretty excited, it has been a looonngg wait!

i'll post some pics when it arrives.

What did you end up getting? PB or MG? Which dealer did you work with?

9. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

What did you end up getting? PB or MG? Which dealer did you work with?

Went with PB with the alum-optic kit, worked with Audi Westwood/.

I am hoping that the snowstorms are almost done with! I really dont want to have to get snow tires/rims with so little time left in the snow season...

10. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

Went with PB with the alum-optic kit, worked with Audi Westwood/.

I am hoping that the snowstorms are almost done with! I really dont want to have to get snow tires/rims with so little time left in the snow season...

Nice. Would've ordered my A3 in PB if it was offered, but we went with MG and also ordered from Westwood. Great people over there. Definitely refreshing after 1st going to Brookline.

11. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Nice. Would've ordered my A3 in PB if it was offered, but we went with MG and also ordered from Westwood. Great people over there. Definitely refreshing after 1st going to Brookline.

All the colors look nice, imo. What it really came down to for me was a mix of the color I liked, which would also make for high trade in/resale value. Figured PB was the best choice. My plan is to drive it for 2 years then swap for the V6, updated 2012 S5 when it finally hits the market.

yea, Brookline sucked... also went to Nashua and Bernardi as well when I was first starting out... I am 27 (and look a lot younger) and I found a lot of the places condescending, as if I didnt really have the means to buy the car. Many ignored me when I would walk in, or make rude remarks. The SA in Nashua even had the gall, upon my second time in to test-drive, to ask if I had been saving my pennies.... needless to say I left immediately and took my business elsewhere.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

All the colors look nice, imo. What it really came down to for me was a mix of the color I liked, which would also make for high trade in/resale value. Figured PB was the best choice. My plan is to drive it for 2 years then swap for the V6, updated 2012 S5 when it finally hits the market.

yea, Brookline sucked... also went to Nashua and Bernardi as well when I was first starting out... I am 27 (and look a lot younger) and I found a lot of the places condescending, as if I didnt really have the means to buy the car. Many ignored me when I would walk in, or make rude remarks. The SA in Nashua even had the gall, upon my second time in to test-drive, to ask if I had been saving my pennies.... needless to say I left immediately and took my business elsewhere.

Congrats on the arrival but please, please, please tell me you leased it.

13. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Congrats on the arrival but please, please, please tell me you leased it.

haha, no i bought it... only paid $300 over invoice though. Everywhere else wanted around $2k-$2.5K over invoice.

I had some $$$ I had to spend on a vehicle so leasing wasnt an option, or else I prob. would have... but cant beat the price I got it for.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

haha, no i bought it... only paid $300 over invoice though. Everywhere else wanted around $2k-$2.5K over invoice.

I had some $$$ I had to spend on a vehicle so leasing wasnt an option, or else I prob. would have... but cant beat the price I got it for.

Ah, well enjoy it, great looking ride.

15. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

Congrats on the ride. Brookline was terrible and the reviews online will definitely attest to that. Their best deal on the car was MSRP and throw in Audi Care for free. I had 2 places lined up for 500 over invoice the next day. I probably could have got it down a few hundred more but it wasn't worth my hassle as we wanted to get in and out.

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

congrats, and damn! paying cash at 27, only to sell it back 2 years from now?! what do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Many ignored me when I would walk in, or make rude remarks. The SA in Nashua even had the gall, upon my second time in to test-drive, to ask if I had been saving my pennies.... needless to say I left immediately and took my business elsewhere.
    It's good that you left immediately, they didn't deserve your business. I've had to walk out a couple of times myself due to rudeness.

18. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

congrats, and damn! paying cash at 27, only to sell it back 2 years from now?! what do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, I am an attorney.... however a chunk of the $$ used on the car was from inheritance that needed to be used on a vehicle for legal reasons.

19. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

I've found with "premium" brands the sales staff can be terrible.

I'm young (22) and when I went in to talk to them about an S5 on behalf of my dad they simply laughed and suggested that it would be too expensive. Naturally I left.

I then headed to the Aston Martin dealer, simply becuase it was there. I chatted to the SA for about 20 minutes about the merits of a used DB9 against a new S5 and he didn't once suggest that I might be too young/poor/stupid to own one.

There is something about the middle section of the market that makes the SAs believe that they are selling gold bricks rather than lumps of pig iron.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I've found with "premium" brands the sales staff can be terrible.

I'm young (22) and when I went in to talk to them about an S5 on behalf of my dad they simply laughed and suggested that it would be too expensive. Naturally I left.

I then headed to the Aston Martin dealer, simply becuase it was there. I chatted to the SA for about 20 minutes about the merits of a used DB9 against a new S5 and he didn't once suggest that I might be too young/poor/stupid to own one.

There is something about the middle section of the market that makes the SAs believe that they are selling gold bricks rather than lumps of pig iron.

Lulz @ S5 and DB9 being "the middle section of the market."

Actually, LOL my farking arse off.