1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Thinking of a light brown leather jacket a la Brad Pitt in Fight Club

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Farmgate, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Farmgate

Farmgate Well-Known Member

I really liked Brad Pitt's clothes and specifically the red leather jacket in Fight Club. For some reason, I dislike the red leather jacket as a separate piece, but thought the whole look of his jacket, print shirt and black pants came together well. He looked cool, tough, a little crazy, especially with the orange sunglasses.

I am a 9-5 banker type and was thinking of doing a weekend look that's similar but want to use light brown in place of the red leather. I am thinking a reddish-brown leather, with a print shirt, collars over the leather jacket lapels.

I won't have the ciggies or jauntiness of Pitt, but I think the whole look will be fun and different, and cool.

Can I pull this off on weekends, or should I stick with my current, non-descript black leather jacket?

Thanks in advance for reading this and your opinion.

2. kjm

kjm Well-Known Member

If you feel you have to ask, then the answer is no...don't even try it.

3. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

brother we cant tell shit without pics. post pics of the desired items.

4. nsimp

nsimp Well-Known Member

Do you look like Brad Pitt?

5. westinghouse

westinghouse Well-Known Member

And do you have his $500k wardrobe at your disposal?

6. jha222

jha222 Well-Known Member

can someone tell me what 9-5 banker type is ?

7. brozeus

brozeus Well-Known Member

8. Farmgate

a teller
    [​IMG]

Actually I represent banks in commercial litigation all over the east coast. Not smart enough to count money.

9. Farmgate

face, no, look like Chuck Baris from the Gong show with a hangover. Body, 5'8 152 lbs. cut.

10. Farmgate

can someone tell me what 9-5 banker type is ?

I was a bit misleading. I am a commercial litigator in real life and represent banks in complex commercial litigation. 9-5 I look the part, with emphasis on slim suits and over the top shoes and ties. I hate box suits, boxy trousers and boring, stupid clothes.

11. Farmgate

And do you have his $500k wardrobe at your disposal?

The beauty of FC was the simplicity of it all. Brad Pitt was a squatter. He looked like a hobo. No wardrobe like Joe Black. He was basically a cool, entrepreneur living in someone else's rundown shack.

12. Farmgate

brother we cant tell shit without pics. post pics of the desired items.

http://www.celebswear.com/productimage.php?product_id=8

This is the jacket, sans Brad Pitt. I used this photo because it shows a regular guy in a wild jacket, and keeps Brad from the equation.

13. altemp

altemp Well-Known Member

Looks way better on Brad Pitt.

14. dave333

dave333 Well-Known Member

You might need to be him to pull it off.

15. Chace

Chace Active Member

I seriously wouldn't do it if I were you. I remember people like Lauren Hill wore like them 12 or 13 years ago and then a lot of middle aged women around my workplace starting wearing them and it never looked good. On a guy it would be bad, especially if you don't look like Brad Pitt. You will be noticed for the wrong reasons...

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

17. kylelovesyou

kylelovesyou Well-Known Member

It's got that "bad thrift store find" vibe. And I'm not sure I like the idea of your shirt collar outside your jacket collar.

18. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

get some ToJ leathers.

but that jacket without Brad Pitt and various stylist-

ugly, just plain ugly.

unless your hot like pitt (no homo intended), you can't pull it off

19. 2balls

2balls Well-Known Member

concurring with everyone else in this thread. looks like garbage.

20. whatever123

whatever123 Well-Known Member

I really liked Brad Pitt's clothes and specifically the red leather jacket in Fight Club. For some reason, I dislike the red leather jacket as a separate piece, but thought the whole look of his jacket, print shirt and black pants came together well. He looked cool, tough, a little crazy, especially with the orange sunglasses. I am a 9-5 banker type and was thinking of doing a weekend look that's similar but want to use light brown in place of the red leather. I am thinking a reddish-brown leather, with a print shirt, collars over the leather jacket lapels. I won't have the ciggies or jauntiness of Pitt, but I think the whole look will be fun and different, and cool. Can I pull this off on weekends, or should I stick with my current, non-descript black leather jacket? Thanks in advance for reading this and your opinion.
    there is no way you will be able to pull it off. i would avoid it like the bitches with the clap. like its not even worth doing with two rubbers on...you just dont do it. just embrace your own style.