• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thinking about Ep's Smiths! Help please...

tooslim4small

Reaction score
So the Ep's look like some incredible denim, but I have a problem....

I'm exceptionally short in the legs (like 29 inch inseam) and I hate stacking. Yes I know, get them hemmed but I have had bad experiences in the past with hemming denim. If you attach the original hem, sometimes it's not the same width as the jeans and you end up with some crappy tiny bottom 80's pants. But are these jeans chain stitched? Who has a machine in the Seattle area that could do it and keep the original character of the denim.

Also-do these need to be soaked before wearing? What the best technique for these??

Thanks in advance!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tooslim4small
So the Ep's look like some incredible denim, but I have a problem....

I'm exceptionally short in the legs (like 29 inch inseam) and I hate stacking. Yes I know, get them hemmed but I have had bad experiences in the past with hemming denim. If you attach the original hem, sometimes it's not the same width as the jeans and you end up with some crappy tiny bottom 80's pants. But are these jeans chain stitched? Who has a machine in the Seattle area that could do it and keep the original character of the denim.

Also-do these need to be soaked before wearing? What the best technique for these??

Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

Thanks, and glad that you're interested! To get at your questions:

1. Our EP's jeans do have a chainstitched hem. There's a whole thread on chainstitching and who can do it in the Seattle area here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=62876

From what I read, the guys from Atsui / Blue Owl Workshop were offering chainstitching services last year. They're located in Seattle and they're forum affiliates, so you can definitely drop them a PM and see if they still do it.

2. You don't have to soak them first, although many of our customers choose to do so. Soaking them will shrink the length. Customers who don't soak often wear them cuffed or stacked, so you'd want to do this before hemming and dialing in the length that you want.

3. We've got an affiliate thread dedicated to EP's denim here:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=155729

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them there or send me a direct PM. If you read through the thread, you can also find a lot of additional info and pics.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's