• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Think twice before ordering overnight from Revolve

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order this weekend from Revolveclothing.com, an order which I really wanted to have for a trip I am taking tomorrow. So, I decided to cough up $20 to get the items to me on time. Of course, the "guaranteed" overnight delivery never happened. I am still sitting here, without my stuff, and none too happy about it. Both Revolve and the USPS are to blame on this one, as Revolve told me yesterday that their orders were going out at 2:30pm, but the tracking site still expected delivery today. Revolve did refund the cost of express shipping and gave me a coupon for 25% off of a future order, which I did appreciate and I did think was a nice gesture. However, they really need to stop guaranteeing next day via US mail. USPS does not guarantee it, so Revolve has no way of knowing whether it will be there or not. I filled out a survey with them, and let them know that I will start ordering again when they start using UPS, FedEx or DHL. Ok, rant over.

DrBot

Reaction score
So can I have the coupon code?
smile.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrBot
So can I have the coupon code?
smile.gif

One-time use only
wink.gif
and there's always a chance they'll switch to UPS
tongue.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it helps at all, Active Endeavours is 25% off until the 9th :p I think the 9th was the date, I'm too lazy to check

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
USPS express mail is 1-2 days, thus NOT overnight although it costs about the same as FedEx Standard Overnight / UPS Next Day Air Saver. I have no clue why companies use USPS for anything faster than snail mail.

I placed a $400 with GAP on the 21st and have yet to receive it (I was told that large orders like that take a long time to ship out since they are unusual) thus consider yourself lucky.

Jon.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I have no clue why companies use USPS for anything faster than snail mail.
I'm actually glad they do for international orders. With Revolve, the stuff takes about a week to arrive, there's no taxes or shipping fees, and it comes straight in the mailbox. Active Endeavors uses DHL for their international orders, which means there's high shipping costs, 25% VAT, customs, and an extra "DHL-fee", plus it takes just as long to arrive.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
I'm actually glad they do for international orders. With Revolve, the stuff takes about a week to arrive, there's no taxes or shipping fees, and it comes straight in the mailbox. Active Endeavors uses DHL for their international orders, which means there's high shipping costs, 25% VAT, customs, and an extra "DHL-fee", plus it takes just as long to arrive.

I thought we were talking about domestic, US-orders. International is a whole "˜nother ball of wax. I paid $50 a few weeks back for the least expensive FedEx shipment to Canada, and I only sent an envelope!

Jon.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on the flipside, probably because of my relatively close proximity to Revolve's brick and mortar location, regular shipping orders have gotten to me within one day.

-Jeff

chicbicyclist

Reaction score
Believe it or not, based on my expereince(I sold on eBay and used usps, ordered alot of shoes from Zappos and they use ups and used fedex for ordering specialized stuff for my e-bike), USPS is actually better than both UPS and Fedex ground(fedex express might be better).

USPS priority actually ships faster for cheaper, compared to UPS ground, which can take five days. USPS takes 2-3 almost everywhere in the lower 48. FEDex ground is just hopeless. They are alot more expensive($16 for something less than a pound!) and thier delivery guys are third party companies. They sucks ass, and do not reimburse you if you lost soemthing, even if its the third party company's fault

(had a packagage delivered to the neighbor. Neighbors gave it to me and called Fedex and apretended it hasnt arrived it. They said it was thier fault and that their system said it was delievered. Good thing I have good neighbors).

Also, both fedex and UPS do not count Saturdays as a business day, the USPS does.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
on the flipside, probably because of my relatively close proximity to Revolve's brick and mortar location, regular shipping orders have gotten to me within one day.

-Jeff

Ditto, I get everything in a day but then again it's 7 mins from my house
laugh.gif

I think usps is great personally and prefer it to ups and fedex.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've also noticed with some online companies, overnight means the next day after they decide to send it (which isn't always the day you order).

That sucks. I recently ordered a motorcycle helmet and they guaranteed it in 3 days. They sent it a day or two after I ordered it. It was three days to them but not to me.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the real kicker: they arrived at my home today and were signed for by someone while I was in the air to LA! I wanted them for my trip, to break in on the plane, but I could have just had them ground-shipped for free to my hotel and had them meet me here. Grrrrrrrr
mad.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads