1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

think i am done with the sauce

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by thekunk07, Nov 3, 2010.

1. not_a_virus.exe

not_a_virus.exe Senior member

reason why i don't get on the "sauce":

1. you don't need drugs to look amazing. men on average wayyyyy overestimate how much muscle they need to attract women by 30 pounds. 30 pounds of muscle is an incredible amount. the ideal male body should be naturally attainable (however, if you have a ridiculously low waist-to-height ratio, you should still be able to attain these proportions but you may not be able to attain your ideal body size).

2. the gains you get while on the "sauce" are maintained only through continued drug use. there is no muscle memory unlike the gains you get while you are natural.

so let's say you don't want to get too big (because while you may impress other dudes, women find this repulsive) so you use drugs to get to your ideal size and proportions. well, once you get off the sauce and shrink back, you won't be able to quickly grow back naturally.

however, it's always funny to know that you'll grow more muscle sitting around doing nothing while on the "sauce" than someone who works out religiously drug-free lol.

2. not_a_virus.exe

not_a_virus.exe Senior member

Been hitting a bit of a plateau so I've been on the fence about getting on the sauce myself for the past couple months. I think this thread may have talked me out of it. I just haven't really heard any horror stories, and it seems like everyone is on it and it's just so normal to take it. Best of luck to ya though.
    1. plateaus are part of the process. muscle growth tends to occur in "spurts" or "waves." stick with it. 2. if you haven't been changing up your routines, that would be the cause of your plateau. 3. if your form sucks, you will likely not experience gains. 4. if you already have attained ideal male proportions and size (and you have six-pack body fat levels), it's likely you've already reached your genetic potential. the ideal male proportions is a shoulder-to-waist ratio of 1.62. one can reach 90% of his muscle growth potential with a good program in 1-2 years while the last 10% can take ten or more years.

3. MarcDominic

MarcDominic Active Member

1. plateaus are part of the process. muscle growth tends to occur in "spurts" or "waves." stick with it.

2. if you haven't been changing up your routines, that would be the cause of your plateau.

3. if your form sucks, you will likely not experience gains.

4. if you already have attained ideal male proportions and size (and you have six-pack body fat levels), it's likely you've already reached your genetic potential. the ideal male proportions is a shoulder-to-waist ratio of 1.62.

one can reach 90% of his muscle growth potential with a good program in 1-2 years while the last 10% can take ten or more years.

Yeah i figure I need to change up my routine and/or eat more. Form is fine, or at least good enough to get me to where I am now. While I definitely don't think I'm at my genetic peak, yeah, I figure part of it is just that my progress slowing down. My shoulder to waist ratio is almost 1.6 (54:34) but nowhere near a six pack.

4. hastur

hastur Senior member

2. the gains you get while on the "sauce" are maintained only through continued drug use. there is no muscle memory unlike the gains you get while you are natural.

so let's say you don't want to get too big (because while you may impress other dudes, women find this repulsive) so you use drugs to get to your ideal size and proportions. well, once you get off the sauce and shrink back, you won't be able to quickly grow back naturally.

however, it's always funny to know that you'll grow more muscle sitting around doing nothing while on the "sauce" than someone who works out religiously drug-free lol.

this isn't true at all

5. suited

suited Senior member

reason why i don't get on the "sauce": 1. you don't need drugs to look amazing. men on average wayyyyy overestimate how much muscle they need to attract women by 30 pounds. 30 pounds of muscle is an incredible amount. the ideal male body should be naturally attainable (however, if you have a ridiculously low waist-to-height ratio, you should still be able to attain these proportions but you may not be able to attain your ideal body size). 2. the gains you get while on the "sauce" are maintained only through continued drug use. there is no muscle memory unlike the gains you get while you are natural. so let's say you don't want to get too big (because while you may impress other dudes, women find this repulsive) so you use drugs to get to your ideal size and proportions. well, once you get off the sauce and shrink back, you won't be able to quickly grow back naturally. however, it's always funny to know that you'll grow more muscle sitting around doing nothing while on the "sauce" than someone who works out religiously drug-free lol.
    The only way the gains attained while on anabolic steroids are not sustainable is if you use the drugs you push yourself beyond your natural limits. Also, you're going to drop quite a bit of water weight, dependent on drug selection, when you come off, which inevitably makes one look smaller. Given that your natural test may drop off before it recovers post cycle, you do stand to lose some muscle during this process - but it can be minimized. Strength loss is however virtually unavoidable. The part in bold is the dumbest thing I've ever read in H&B forum, and is something you always hear from people who are clueless.

6. hastur

hastur Senior member

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Yeah i figure I need to change up my routine and/or eat more. Form is fine, or at least good enough to get me to where I am now. While I definitely don't think I'm at my genetic peak, yeah, I figure part of it is just that my progress slowing down. My shoulder to waist ratio is almost 1.6 (54:34) but nowhere near a six pack.

I call BS on this. No way you have a 54 inch shoulder.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^i dunno, my shoulders are over 52 around; it is definitely possible

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Depends on how you measure it I guess. I was thinking across from girdle to girdle.