Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

You've got a lot of "what ifs" going on. BTW, here's a pretty good article depicting the incident, and this will be one of the very few times I'll ever state that about the Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/09/ramarley-graham-new-york-police-_n_1266715.html The last sentence on the first page is really disturbing to me.

Regardless of all your what if scenarios, they broke into a fucking house without a search warrant! That's it, game over, right there they are in the wrong. Completely violates the Constitution and at that point in time, they are in the wrong.

As for using this as a ploy to legalize weed, I agree that it shouldn't be used for that. I think drugs should be legal even if I won't personally touch the stuff. I also don't think this kids death should be used to advocate legalization. I think it should be used to prosecute these cops and investigate these and other actions, ultimately sending a message to cops that if they don't follow the laws they've sworn to uphold, they will suffer the penalties.

As for the bolded: "How were the cops supposed to know it was his house?" So now it's ok to just break into random houses if some guy that bought pot walks into one? Get a fucking warrant, that's their job and protocol. Playing the "what if" game is fucking stupid. But if that's the stance you want to take then get some facts straight. He didn't have a gun. He didn't walk into some random civilian's house. And yes, I want them to follow procedural matters....that's the law. The last thing I want cops to do is follow their "gut" instinct and do whatever they want to do, law be damned.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012

2. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

that situation is entirely 'what if' because the police did not have sufficient information given the circumstances so for you to expect anything less is ridiculous. It's not like they knew this guy had only bought weed and he was unarmed. They had attempted to address the young man and he fled which inevitably led to suspicion and, ultimately, the pursuit of said suspect. Your counterargument trying to debase what I said by claiming 'speculation' is invalid because in order to give you perspective on the matter, I have to show you all the speculative aspects of the situation, that you are ignoring, that had to be considered at the time by the police. You're playing "Monday Morning Quarterback" on this one. Hindsight is 20/20.

and if you read what I wrote, I addressed the police entering a house without a warrant. They were following someone who was clearly disobedient and acted accordingly. Would you really expect the police to attempt to get a warrant and hop through red tape to stop someone from entering a house after they have been summoned and fled? Answer this: if it turned out he had a loaded gun and didn't have weed, would that change your mind on this issue? Would you still be as appalled as you are about the infringement of his constitutional rights? or would you be happy that the cops dealt with a potentially dangerous situation as it happened and did not let it spill out?

and lol really bud? get facts straight is fucking retarded to say when the facts were not present at the time to the parties involved. Like I said, from the police perspective, a man who had previously ignored an officer's attempt at investigation entered a nearby house. Explain to me exactly how the officers know who lives where? And yes, it is their job to get warrants, but not when people are running from you. It's the civilian's fucking job to address the police and not disobey the law. If he hadn't ran, things would have played out far different.

3. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

Your definition of fleeing the scene and mine are completely different. From the surveillance videos, it sure as hell doesn't appear he was fleeing the scene. You and I don't know exactly what happened step by step. I don't see a threat at all. The police story keeps changing and contradicts eyewitness accounts. They were also undercover in street clothes. His grandmother says they never identified themselves as police upon breaking in. The police have changed their story regarding this and other facts. It's a clusterfuck. What I do know is that a kid was killed, who was unarmed, point blank by a cop, in an illegal search and seizure...over fucking weed.

That is unacceptable. Do you feel safer because police broke into a house and killed a kid over a bag of weed? I don't like it at all.

You're playing the "what if" this or that happened scenario and calling me the Monday morning qb? Really?

If it had been a loaded gun and not weed would that have changed my mind? Well first off, there was no loaded gun and it was just weed. That's it. That's what happened. But in your scenario, nope it wouldn't have changed my mind. Make a phone call, get your warrant, abide by the law. If you suspect the person's armed, you better be damned certain. I don't know NYC law per se, but there are lawful means of being armed.

There's also no clear evidence that he was running from the police. I'd think if you were running you'd actually run, not walk up to your house, open the door, and walk inside. So the police story, I don't trust at all. Especially since they kept changing it.

You won't like this but I'll tell you this...if I was in this situation...and by this I'm assuming he didn't run from police and he didn't know they were chasing him (yes I know that you think he did know, and I'm basing my stance that he wasn't running off the footage), and I'm just focusing on the unlawful entrance here. If I'm in my house and I hear someone trying to break in, first thing I'm doing is grabbing my gun. Second thing I'm doing is putting myself in a place where I have the advantage and can see what's going on. According to the grandmother, the police, wearing street clothing, never identified themselves, and ran straight to where he was in the bathroom. At this point, the third thing I'm doing, is shooting. I don't care if it's a drug addict, a burglar, or a cop. At this point, there was no search warrant, no identification of being police, and people with guns drawn are breaking in. I'm defending myself. And if this kid had really not been running from police (which i still don't think he was), and did not know that the police were chasing him, I'd be perfectly fine if he would have had a gun in his house, and taken them all out. I know you won't like that, but under those circumstances, I really don't give a fuck what someone's job title is. Follow the law, do it by the book, or face the consequences.

4. oneeightyseven

you're completely ignoring what I am saying. it's becoming ridiculous and you harp on the same shit. I told you that I'm bringing up hypothetical circumstances because there was no way for the cops to know what he had, what he was doing and where he was going. wtf are you not reading in that? stop saying 'youre using what ifs not fair'. it's to open you up to the realization that the cops had no idea what the man was capable of, or what he had on him.

and your idea of fleeing is anything other than disobeying a police officer's summoning? really? I didn't realize that fleeing meant you had to be running away.....lol its laughable that you can't even comprehend that walking away (to enter a building nonetheless) from an officer is the same as running away.

and your insistence that this is all over weed is just as stupid as every single pothead claiming 'zomg oppressive state all over a 20 bag'. no. he was shot because he entered a dwelling while being summoned by a police officer, and then proceeded to barricade himself in a washroom.

also, since when is your pseudo-anecdotal bs relevant to the situation? the grandmother is not you. second off, that's a "what if" (just in case it may not be clear, it's a 'what if I were in this situation') and lord knows how much you hate those right???

and yeah, the bolded is utterly hilarious. you see him looking back at them before he enters. how are you going to insist that he was randomly chased down without notification. fuck, even the stoners admit he knew he was being pursued by the police. why else would he think to immediately go inside and try to flush his weed ? cmon man, you have to be fucking joking me right now.

edit: also, they were clearly marked as cops if you actually watch the video......so have fun playing johnny dangerous with your pistol and whatever else you 'would have' done.

5. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

Bros, yall just need to, like, chill out and shit bros.

6. oneeightyseven

it's just funny because I didn't even want to get into any of this. just found it stupid that people were equating his death to oppressive marijuana laws when they're mutually exclusive matters.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

There is a lot of agressivity recently on DT...

It is always sad to see a kid being shot at such young age over a bag of weed...

Your Police is using scary tactics but they have to face real potential gun response from the suspects..

For us ,the all story is just bonkers..

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Oh wow :facepalm:

10. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Me: God, can I ask You a question?
    God: Sure
    Me: Promise You won't get mad
    God: I promise
    Me: You said a death angel was at my bedside this morning & you had to send one
    of your Angels to battle him for my life.
    God: Thats right, my child
    Me: Wouldnt it be easier on everyone if you just got rid of all the death angels? You know, that way you wouldnt have to send one of your angels to battle him.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Please introduce me to the woman who wrote that so I can explain to her how that is wrong, and then stab her in the breast.

13. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

And then lick the blood off of it :plain:

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

this guy on my facebook keeps posting shit like this. stuff like if you love jesus then you will share this post. otherwise you don't love jesus. let's see how many people will share. guarantee 97% of you won't.

:facepalm:

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

These people are just insanely delightful as long as they do not knock on your door to talk about it.