Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Lord, God, don't stop the blessings yet.... keep 'em coming! I still have room to receive!
    Like · · 20 hours ago via mobile ·
    13 people like this.

He commented: Y'allllllllll!!!!!!! He kept 'em coming!
    5 seconds ago · Like

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

some girl made her cover photo her taking a piss while drunk. and just in case it wasn't clear she commented "haha drunken piss that got photographed"

3. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Classy..

4. gort

gort Senior member

5. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

please tell me you responded

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

all the fucking pothead losers on fb are posting this shit saying, 'fuck the pigs'

[​IMG]

I realize it's a tragedy that the young man had to die, but if he had not run from the police, and barricaded himself inside of a washroom things would not have ended the way they did. The cops did not kill him over "a small bag of weed" and really did he 'walk' home so he 'wouldn't be arrested'? or did he run. ​

7. sjd

sjd Senior member

Get yourself a small bag of weed and then try to conceal it from a cop and see what happens. I'm certainly the farthest thing from a pothead but the hysteria over pot in the U.S. baffles me.

8. hennree

hennree Senior member

Ohhhh i'm so glad a thread like this exists.

I hate people that post very vague bitchy comments that are obviously going to prompt questions, but then refusing to answer them publicly.

Example:
    Mary
    Screw you!!! I can't beleive you have done this. You will pay!

Friend 1
    Oh no! Are you okay hunnie pie? xx

Mary
    Oh ya i'll text you about it don't want to say anything on here.

SO DONT POST IT ON FACEBOOK

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

lin this, lin that. its all over fb which is actually a pleasant change from the normal fare. I went to a UC where the student population was about 40% asian. this shit is getting crazy

10. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Is it.....Linsanity?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

tebow craze x 2 [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Except a Tebow who actually brings some tangible skills to go along with the intangibles.

13. tullytra

tullytra Senior member

Well maybe now it is, but it sure doesn't seem like it was at fault for becoming one.

14. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

In all fairness, the video surveillance shows him calmly walking into the house (not running from the police). The police broke down the front door (unlawful entry as they did not have a search warrant), and shot him inside his house where there was no firearm present, in front of his grandmother and 6 year old brother.

So the cops broke the law by breaking down the front door and illegally entering without a warrant and then killed an unarmed kid. In no way are the actions of these officers justified and I hope they get what they deserve.

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

the cops addressed him prior to him going in; you see him keep looking back toward their direction in the surveillance video. I mean, if you're clearly ignoring/disobeying a cop, you're asking for trouble. and in that instance, wouldn't a warrant be obviated seeing as he was fleeing the police? for all they know he could have been disposing of a weapon or anything really. which brings me back to barricading himself inside of a washroom. the cops do not know whether or not he had a weapon drawn so that when the door was opened he would shoot. all of these scenarios have to play in an officer's mind when they are faced with this type of situation. and who knows he the teen reacted when the door was opened. maybe he was startled and the cops interpreted that as an aggressive gesture. who knows, there is no video of that and all we can go on is speculation really.

furthermore, what you brought up didn't even address my grievance at all. my grievance, in case it wasn't clear, was that potheads were using this as fodder for the legalization of marijuana seeing as he was 'killed over a bag of weed' which is completely false, as I stated. the cops did not shoot him because he had weed, he fled because he had weed. it is entirely different. and the sheer stupidity of using this case as substantiation for the mistreatment of potheads, who are still doing something illegal, is fucking absurd.

that whole 'yeah fuck the pigs' stupid pothead culture curdles my blood.

edit: also, how were the cops supposed to know it was his house? what if he did have a gun and entered a random civilian's house? would you expect them to get a warrant in that instance? or would you complain afterwards that the bureaucracy and red tape got some poor innocent woman in harm's way, and potentially killed, because of procedural matters?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012