Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

You mean "no" to the restaurants?

To be honest, it doesn't come up that often, but the last few times I've been at one has been at the request of someone else who really wanted to go there. Usually, it's a group and I'd rather eat food I don't really like than miss spending time with friends. It's generally something along the lines of "I'm in town for the evening, and a bunch of us are going to Applebee's, come meet us. It's your only chance to see me!"

But, yeah, I can't think of the last time I was in an Applebee's or Red Lobster (or most other "casual dining" chains) when I had any way to avoid it.

I'll eat at nearly any major fast food restaurant, but I will not go to Checkers. It's completely irrational, given I'm willing to go to places like McDonald's if I'm starving and it's nearby, but there's just something about Checkers that completely skeeves me out.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

2. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

What do you haters have against Applebee's? Admittedly, I don't go there for the food. Happy hour at like 10pm, though? Mozzarella sticks, onion rings, nachos, and booze for half off? Count me in.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Okay, this I totally get.

I kind of do the same thing when family comes around and wants to eat at the Potatoe Patch (yes, that's how they spell it). Kind of a country-fried-everything barn-type place where they do up a ton of free bready-type things. They walk around with fresh-out-of-the-oven muffin trays and offer them (gratis), but the rolls - they throw them to you. When Mrs. T and I were dating, they had roll-slingers who could hit you in the hands from 20 yards away. Now they don't quite have the same range, and show a lot more discretion. But, yeah, sometimes we wind up there.

4. otc

otc Senior member

It depends where you live I suppose...but you could get this at a ton of other bars around here.

A few weeks ago I was rock climbing in the suburbs (naperville) with my friends and we left the gym to eat. We ended up in the Red Robbin nearby. At first it was like a "yeah suburbs!" nostalgia kick...could get a giant onion ring pyramid, didn't have to wait for a table, instead of barely-not-unemployed hipster waiters you get barely-legal suburban waiters.

Then the beer came...my Goose Island tasted off. Not sure what it was, but maybe you just can't order a 312 outside of the 312 area code. The onion rings were pretty good. Then the burgers came. I subbed in sweet potato fries since I know that I don't like their bottomless steak fries...they were some pretty sad sweet potato fries. The burger sucked...wasn't done to where I asked it to be done, was made with bad beef, had absolute mediocrity as the main topping. Everyone hated their meal. I'm sure there was some sandwich hidden on the menu that was actually decent...but without a mobile app, who would tell me about it?

The time before that, we had gone to Chick Fil a which was fine because chil fil a is good everywhere (but we were with a vegetarian and they don't do vegetarian). Last time we went, we drove further until we found some local-ish 3 location place that was actually pretty good.

Occasionally one of the (corn fed midwestern) secretaries picks something like applebees/chiles/fridays for the office dinner order...even though they have a huge selection of chicago restaurants to choose from. I think applebees is by far the worst of those so I usually go home or "forget" to order before the deadline and just expense something better. For the others though, I have managed to find a few good things. One of them has a pulled pork sandwich that is pretty good (probably comes from a bag so there is nothing to screw up) and soups or guac can be a decent side (fries are universally bad when they are delivered in styrofoam so I always try to sub them out).

I suppose I could make the website social...have other people suggest their choices so that I don't have to eat there. The only problem with this would be vetting the participants since the database could be poisoned by people who "OMG LOVE RED LOBSTER!!!!!!"

5. gort

gort Senior member

Points being her weight watchers obviously. This girl is perpetually fat and despite every year posting about some weight loss goal has never dropped weight. She is getting married in a few months, maybe this time she'll stick with it. She was one of my college girlfriend's roommates, and she would eat a whole Haagen Dazs container in one sitting while watching TV.

6. otc

otc Senior member

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I got one and I think he's gone nuts. anyways, everyday he post stuff like these:

interestingly, the guy's wife left him years ago 'cause he became severely addicted to online rpg games and all that shit, and he's now home living in his parents' place, and he posts cosplay pics of himself. he's 41 yo btw.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm pro-Forrest Gump. This country needs more retards who run long distances.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thank you for your support, fucker.

:slayer:

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

S/O to all the down hoes who be quiet when the nigga talkin on the phone wit his main chick...

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Go Thomas go...

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

[​IMG]

Fail.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

"To the religious-right my marrying the man I love violates the sanctity of marriage. But New Gingrich asking his second wife for an open-marrigae doesn't?

"Oh the hypocrisy of blind hatred."

I'm tempted to go, I must have missed it but when did the religious right defend Newt's open marriage request? also, i hate political people.

14. dune

dune Senior member

People from "the religious right" might vote for Gingrich. I don't see them voting for someone who is in a homosexual relationship.

15. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special