• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My uncle is constantly posting gems like this one:

3 hrs in ER today. Sally's incision showed inflamation signs in one spot. called Dr. who said go to ER and they would look at it. Did so. They removed the offending staple after some innefectual attempts to draw her blood. Ended with very good Olive Garden take out instead of the ham loaf we had planned for our dinner

I can't meet up with my friends now without them trying to grab my phone and read his status updates.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jstupple19
A friend of mine who's visiting Central Europe posted a status today:

"Long day at Auschwitz"

Needs no explanation, really.

facepalm.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
My uncle is constantly posting gems like this one:

3 hrs in ER today. Sally's incision showed inflamation signs in one spot. called Dr. who said go to ER and they would look at it. Did so. They removed the offending staple after some innefectual attempts to draw her blood. Ended with very good Olive Garden take out instead of the ham loaf we had planned for our dinner

I can't meet up with my friends now without them trying to grab my phone and read his status updates.

Is this even in english? It's like reading word salad.

Here's a gem:

Back from Vegas, it was hotter then haiti's there

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^
laugh.gif

It always cracks me up when people make mistakes like that, and the improper use of "then" makes it even better.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
lol

I found out that the more annoying a girl is in general, the more often they will notify you via FB every time they drink wine or eat sushi. Wine has also become the new way for the ex-university drunken female to stumble into adulthood as a classier lush.

Oh, I have one or two of these. The kicker is: they're relatives. One posted as her profile pic a shot of her with a beer can (I think) in her mouth. Like, mouth, all the way around the can. Unreal.

Originally Posted by Pilot
There was little of this going on. Me and one of my other friends who had an opposing view to the masses both commented about 3 times before we gave up and just said, have a nice night.

Actually, one that comes to mind was about gay marriage. A fundamentalist friend disagreed with a post I'd made, and one of my gay friends got into it with her. Really long, well-reasoned, thoughtful, respectful arguments. I cringed at what I thought it might become, but it ended well enough.

Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I'm totally guilty of this. Everytime I get drunk I wind up posting song lyrics to whatever I'm listening to as if it's some deep truth of the universe I have just discovered. I'm disgusting. Please forgve me.

You would not be the only one. May friend you later.

Originally Posted by Incman
I don't know if it's just my girlfriend, or if it's representative of some of the female population, but she has said (and I have noticed) every time she eats sushi she gets really horny. If it's the latter, maybe you can find a way to capitalize on those FB posts.
teacha.gif

Goddammit, Mrs. T quit eating sushi a while back. Explains the dry spell.

Originally Posted by suited
The other day I talked to a friend from home for the first time in a couple of months. He said that he closed own his fb because "it was starting to make me not like people that I used to like". Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Have not had that experience. Guess I've been lucky.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
This statement is all the reason I need not to join.

You should join as Rambo and only add SF members.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
One posted as her profile pic a shot of her with a beer can (I think) in her mouth. Like, mouth, all the way around the can. Unreal..

Is she single?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jr. Mouse said the same thing.

well then i 3rd

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How's that any different than PM'ing you fruits all the time? Plus, when somebody inevitably asks me if I'm on Facebook, what am I supposed to reply? "Yes, but its only for my special friends."

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's that any different than PM'ing you fruits all the time? Plus, when somebody inevitably asks me if I'm on Facebook, what am I supposed to reply? "Yes, but its only for my special friends."

yes

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tell people that I only add people I actually know

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what a ham loaf is?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads