• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

matik23

Reaction score
I just think it's funny that people aren't aware of the stupid and corny **** they post. Like you're in your mid 20s posting self help positive reinforcement quotes.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matik23
I just think it's funny that people aren't aware of the stupid and corny **** they post. Like you're in your mid 20s posting self help positive reinforcement quotes.
Stuart Smalley for the 21st century. I'm getting to the point where (facebook) posts like this make me sad more than they make me laugh. Probably why I've culled ~90% of my friends in the last two years. Ah well, still good for a laugh every now and then. :) And Tibor, hat inside a bar? For shame, good sir, for shame.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minarchist
Stuart Smalley for the 21st century.

I'm getting to the point where (facebook) posts like this make me sad more than they make me laugh. Probably why I've culled ~90% of my friends in the last two years. Ah well, still good for a laugh every now and then. :)

And Tibor, hat inside a bar? For shame, good sir, for shame.

Bars have always been establishments where men could and/or should keep their hats on. Same thing with fine dining, you take your hat off when or before being seated unless you sit at the bar, then you keep it on.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Bars have always been establishments where men could and/or should keep their hats on. Same thing with fine dining, you take your hat off when or before being seated unless you sit at the bar, then you keep it on.
Huh. I was not aware of that rule, thanks. Too many damn rules when it comes to good hats.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a friend from HS whose entire life revolves around her children, and her Facebook follows suit. This usually means she posts innocuous stuff about her kids' cute/funny/endearing/infuriating behavior. It's often a bit eye roll inducing, but otherwise not too bothersome. However, one of the kids is currently potty training, and this has inspired her to post updates with all manner of detail regarding the process. She has repeatedly made posts with disturbing levels of detail, including frequency of bathroom visits and noting which, uh, number occurred during the last trip. Oh, and she once posted a picture of the kid sitting on his little ****** *******. She was kind enough to obscure his "equipment" with a little overlay, but, still...
uhoh.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I have a friend from HS whose entire life revolves around her children, and her Facebook follows suit. This usually means she posts innocuous stuff about her kids' cute/funny/endearing/infuriating behavior. It's often a bit eye roll inducing, but otherwise not too bothersome. However, one of the kids is currently potty training, and this has inspired her to post updates with all manner of detail regarding the process. She has repeatedly made posts with disturbing levels of detail, including frequency of bathroom visits and noting which, uh, number occurred during the last trip.

Oh, and she once posted a picture of the kid sitting on his little ****** *******. She was kind enough to obscure his "equipment" with a little overlay, but, still...
uhoh.gif

Didn't you have a pretty elaborate plan to mock this at one point?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I have a friend from HS whose entire life revolves around her children, and her Facebook follows suit. This usually means she posts innocuous stuff about her kids' cute/funny/endearing/infuriating behavior. It's often a bit eye roll inducing, but otherwise not too bothersome. However, one of the kids is currently potty training, and this has inspired her to post updates with all manner of detail regarding the process. She has repeatedly made posts with disturbing levels of detail, including frequency of bathroom visits and noting which, uh, number occurred during the last trip.

Oh, and she once posted a picture of the kid sitting on his little ****** *******. She was kind enough to obscure his "equipment" with a little overlay, but, still...
uhoh.gif

I don't think this is too bad. At least we know she's a very loving and caring mother, unlike many parents I see around in the public..

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
theres one particular girl on my FB that i keep just to laugh at her annoying posts. Lame single mother motivational "ill find a real man" bullshit. gah.

Girl I went to high school with is one of these. In the past 4-5 months, she's gone from missing her babydaddy, to being a proud single mom, to finding the love of her life, getting his name tattooed on her boob, getting engaged, ending the engagement, getting back with the guy and being in love again, to ending it for good

facepalm.gif

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Didn't you have a pretty elaborate plan to mock this at one point?
I did. It was lovingly crafted by some fellow DT denizens, and it was pretty solid. Alas, I failed epically at the implementation of said plan, though I may still get around to going through with it.
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I don't think this is too bad. At least we know she's a very loving and caring mother, unlike many parents I see around in the public..
For all intents and purposes she seems like a great parent. I also knew her husband in HS, and I remember him being a good guy, as well. They have three kids of their own, and they're in the process of adopting a fourth, who has Down syndrome (one of their biological kids also has DS). Suffice it to say, they're clearly attentive, compassionate people, and I respect them for it. Still, I don't need to be informed every time one of their kids takes a dump.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I did. It was lovingly crafted by some fellow DT denizens, and it was pretty solid. Alas, I failed epically at implementing it, though I may still get around to going through with it.

i know someone who might be able to help. but i dont think you want him as a friend

For all intents and purposes she seems like a great parent. I also knew her husband in HS, and I remember him being a good guy, as well. They have three kids of their own, and they're in the process of adopting a fourth, who has Down syndrome (one of their biological kids also has DS). Suffice it to say, they're clearly attentive, compassionate people, and I respect them for it. Still, I don't need to be informed every time one of their kids takes a dump.
this. im glad my kids crap on the toilet beleive you me. still its not exactly something we need to document.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matik23
X2 Just made a couple of comments on my friends status: "I may not agree with homosexuality from a Christianity standpoint but as an American, I believe marriage should be an equal right to all. So yes...I support gay marriage." I would post it up, but there were 118 comments. Most of which were FacePalm worthy. Because he is Pentecostal and all of his Pentecostal friends were on there freaking out. I just trolled a bit and called out some of the really, really dumb arguments they were trying to make. Me: ‎""Marriage" and partnerships have been around a lot longer than Christianity. So saying that Christianity is the basis for marriage is not fully true." Annoying guy: "Marriage longer than Christianity? How do you figure? In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.......looks like God has been around longer. .......next!!!" Me: "You do realize Christianity is a religion that has only been around for a couple thousand years right? Existance of God =/ Christianity" Annoying guy: "Christianity is not a religion. Its the belief of Jesus and His teachings. Jesus is one with God hence the belief in God has been around since the beginning."
laugh.gif
Newsflash guys: CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lol

A crazy gal friend posted:

"what's on your mind?"

No one responded.

Six hours later she deleted the post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads