• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate women posting **** about them being pregnant or about their baby showers and stuff like that. It's annoying.

It is a massive thing in life ...

I fully understand they're talking about it...

I'm more annoyed by the anti-men rants everywhere someone is leaving them...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hate women posting **** about them being pregnant or about their baby showers and stuff like that. It's annoying.

It is a massive thing in life ...

I fully understand they're talking about it...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody getting this thing posted? A self-described Libertarian associate of mine posted it. Amusing part is I don't believe he's ever had much more than a part-time job here or there and he's 25.

edit: and my best friend (really only because we've known each other for 20+ years) commended the picture because he's a hardcore republican who hates those lousy hippies. He posted a response to the picture that managed to work in numerous cliches ("lift yourself up by your bootstraps") and the usual **** about how the greatness of our country is fleeting. Gross.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

(...)

THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Actually, lately I've been getting a slew of Progressive talking points pictures and tons of religious-affirmation-type Kumbaya stuff. I'm cool with both, to a point, but some days I glance at the wall and think "Do I just have like, one Christian/Progressive friend with 80 different clones of herself spread out across the country?"

Last edited:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciated new feature on ios5. Custom shorthand autocorrect! Yay now God will always be properly capitalized. So will "Hunnie". Hahaha and no longer need to capitalize my XD faces.

:bored:

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anybody getting this thing posted? A self-described Libertarian associate of mine posted it. Amusing part is I don't believe he's ever had much more than a part-time job here or there and he's 25.
edit: and my best friend (really only because we've known each other for 20+ years) commended the picture because he's a hardcore republican who hates those lousy hippies. He posted a response to the picture that managed to work in numerous cliches ("lift yourself up by your bootstraps") and the usual **** about how the greatness of our country is fleeting. Gross.

A 13 year old with black finger nail polish is certainly a good counterexample to the OWS people.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah you guys are right. I guess coming from being a guy, I sometimes can't put my foot in other people's shoes.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The point he is making is lousy...

The guy who posted that must be punched in the face...

The greed of the financial makes me mad too and I'm not a hippie...

Just go around the country and look at the damage these prats have made...

Countries are going under for heanven's sake, people are losing their jobs ,homes everywhere...

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The person who posted this isn't dumb, but I thought it was funny enough to warrant sharing, and this thread seemed like the best option.

Serious question from a complete non-foodie: when did bacon come to have such an exalted status in our food culture? It seems like when I was young, bacon was regarded as just a run-of-the-mill breakfast food, on the same level as sausage links and scrambled eggs. Now people regard it as the glory of God's creation, only a little lower than the angels. Did bacon all of a sudden become better than it used to be? Or are my childhood memories wrong? Or something else?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone notice that when facebook made the enter key submit a message instead of make a new line...all legitimate discussion fell apart?

Sure you can still press shift-enter to get a new line, but most people don't know this. The direct result is that any facebook post longer than 2 sentences turns into a wall of text that makes you look like a crazed zealot and makes everyone else go TLDR.

Did bacon all of a sudden become better than it used to be? Or are my childhood memories wrong? Or something else?

It is relatively easy to get better bacon than thin sliced hormel these days which might be part of it...but I would guess that the real cause was that it got demonized so it became an indulgence. Nothing makes people want something more than telling them they can't have it (which is also partially true...office workers are not lumberjacks and probably shouldn't be eating a quarter pound of bacon in the morning).

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Center cut thick sliced bacon changed my life for sure. My parents never bought it and I understand why. They had three kids to feed and I only have myself, therefore I can spend 8 bucks a pound for bacon when they sell the cheap stuff for 2 bucks.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lolol just saw this:

UnwCf.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

your job will pay the bill when you're sick you brat.

dune

Reaction score
But will your job mercyfuck you when you haven't had sex for a year?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads