• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
That guy looks marsupialed.

There's an even worse one where she is standing against a tree and he's behind her in the distance, blurred out, admiring her.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meet my extended family:
pic1.png
pic2.png
pic3.png

sjd

Reaction score
A couple of my friend's wives are teachers (and have the supermom/teacher mentality all in one!) and I find it hilarious when they constantly make spelling and/or grammatical errors.

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Not sure if I'm getting the point of this thread but I do have a rant about a dumb Facebook friend.

This girl is in her mid thirties and got married two years ago. Every other day, for the past TWO ******* YEARS, she ***** up my feed with 5-6 pics from her wedding. I didn't attend the wedding but they must have taken 5000 photos. they did spend a **** ton on the wedding so I guess she's really proud of her 'life's achievement'

Yeah, I guess I should unfriend her but she's a friend of the family and we go way back. And quite a nice person when she's not being an attention whore.

The best thing is that my wife is absolutely convinced that this husband she's so proud of is actually gay. She's actually taken to calling my friend "the beard," like "oh, did you see that the beard posted a different 3/4 view of her wedding shoes last night?!". So I guess that if I ever get fed up and want to publicly unfriend her, I can do so in a spectacularly nasty manner...

i find it weird that you talk to your wife about what people put up on facebook
plain.gif

JakeTS86

Reaction score
One of my uni classmates a couple of months ago:

"RIP grandad"

Cue the inevitable barrage of "Sorry for your loss" and "Hope you're ok" from his idiot friends, do they not realise he's just fishing for sympathy and attention? How long after his grandad dying did he think "I've got to tell people about this, the world must know!"?

What a complete tool

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JakeTS86
One of my uni classmates a couple of months ago:

"RIP grandad"

Cue the inevitable barrage of "Sorry for your loss" and "Hope you're ok" from his idiot friends, do they not realise he's just fishing for sympathy and attention? How long after his grandad dying did he think "I've got to tell people about this, the world must know!"?

What a complete tool

My dad passed away a few months ago and I avoided posting this type of thing. As much as I might have needed or even wanted the sympathy and to let people know I was about to have a ****** couple months, I didn't need to broadcast it to everyone I know. If someone needs to know this fact, I will tell them in person.

Along similar lines, I'd much rather wish someone a late happy birthday in person, than post 'omg happy birthday' to their facebook. The human interaction is a bit more meaningful, imo.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kid I went to middle school with added me yesterday and I already regret it. He's listed as engaged but there's apparently trouble in paradise. He's made three or four posts today using poker analogies to describe the relationship problems.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having never visted Facebook ... I can't say.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
i find it weird that you talk to your wife about what people put up on facebook
plain.gif

My wife and I do this all the time.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Having never visted Facebook ... but I'll post in this thread anyway because I have a desparate need for attention. Now I'll go post in the "O.J. Simpson Confesses" thread and say I've never heard of him.

Seriously, do you have to say something like this in every thread? Is there anything you do know about?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads