Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

really? do you really need to post this? really????

[​IMG]

2. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

holy fuck... I think that's someone's colon... please tell me it isn't

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

nah, its an eyeball... its for some eye center promoting some new laser treatment

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You're definitively not a doctor you..

5. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Some doozies today.

A broad I used to work with posted about her new blog, "Diapers, Wine and Pedicures." The tagline: "Ever think to yourself "I must be the only mother who does this?" As a new mom I can tell you I have done it too. (Well, maybe not all) Sometimes, it has to be done to keep the sanity."

Some status updates:

"aww this girl was so good and her family was so proud of her it made me soo happy :)
    "

"i think i've watched this 12 times since 3 days ago and i've cried literally every single time. wish this was my life ughhhhh

http://perezhilton.com/2011-09-29-downtown-disney-flashmob-proposal#.TonxEXNZVe5"

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

[​IMG]

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah, but smoking weed encourages the top three on that list.

8. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I love how people claim that no one dies from weed or weed related incidents. I can bet good money that there are people who have died from getting high and doing something stupid. Plus, smoking anything isn't good for your lungs. Heck, being around wood stoves (3rd world countries) is bad for your lungs. It's stupid that people think that combustion of marijuana isn't bad. Vaporizing is different. I can imagine people could get a heart attack from weed too. I know when I smoke my heart beats fast like a motherfucker.

Found this in 5 seconds: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_weed_related_deaths_are_there_each_year

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

It's silly to say that there are no deaths related to smoking pot, but the number has to be ridiculously low. I'm sure many more people die from over the counter meds.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

That answers.com article is so utterly ridiculous that I can't help but wonder if you posted it as a joke. In fact, let's just go ahead and extend that sentiment to your entire post.

11. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I am serious. Don't know what's so ridiculous about the answers.com article, minus the part about not ODing on tobacco... this is definitely possible.

12. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

If someone with any amount of alcohol in their system gets into a fatal car wreck, it gets counted as an alcohol-related death, no matter whether the alcohol actually caused the wreck or not. Am I to believe nobody on pot has ever been in a fatal car wreck?

There are cases of marijuana causing people to go into anaphylaxis as well, so it's not like it's qualitatively safer than peanuts either.

Also, Peter Noone is alive and well:

[​IMG]

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

It's ridiculous because it presents a bunch of assertions as fact without providing any sort of evidence to support them.

It's ridiculous because it slips in a cancer reference as a possible cause of death from weed. This has been shown to be entirely untrue (see this article for the research).

It's ridiculous because it states there have been "many deaths" associated with "choking" on marijuana smoke. Smoke doesn't block the airway. So, even if one did pass out from holding a hit, they would start breathing again as soon as they went unconscious, just like they would if they simply held their breath until they passed out.

It's ridiculous because it talks about "multiple pot related fatal car accedents" without providing a single example.

It's ridiculous because it claims that asphyxiation on vomit can kill someone who smokes, passes out, and vomits. That's pretty interesting, given vomiting isn't induced by weed. Quite the opposite, marijuana alleviates nausea/vomiting, hence its usefulness for cancer patients on chemotherapy.

So, yeah, the bottom line it that the artice is, well, ridiculous.

14. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I'm not sure I believe that study. There's been many studies that prove many odd things.

I have some friends who smoke daily. They're retarded. Not because they smoke, but their personalities are definitely affected by smoking. I smoke very rarely, but was a nearly daily smoker for a year. Marijuana does affect people mentally. I definitely had much longer hangovers from smoking pot in moderation than from drinking alcohol in moderation.

I'm not saying it's wrong. I do it rarely and I don't that there should be penalties for rare uses. But don't tell me that marijuana doesn't cause problems or affect people negatively. I definitely feel more stupid after using it and it takes a few days for me to get back the mental clarity I had before doing it. I do get insight from smoking, which can be nice.

Just because something doesn't kill you doesn't mean it's harmless.

15. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Actually, I've seen someone run to hug the porcelain throne immediately after hitting a vaporizer, but yeah, I agree with you that there's not much to recommend that article.