Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

what is this i don't even

2. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Well, playing devil's advocate, why the hell would a cute girl wear a mini skirt with a skin-tight shirt and no bra? It says to the world that you're looking to be noticed, hopefully by an attractive guy/girl, or if she's not going to be around hot guys/girls it's for attention and being a cocktease. There are no other reasons I can think of dressing like a slut, unless you're dirt poor and can only wear the clothing someone gave you.

I'm in no way saying that rape victims had it coming to them. But sheesh, think about what you're saying when you wear the clothing.

Ergo, women who participate in a slut walk are dumb. They should look up the definition of slut in the dictionary.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I do not get how there is any 'honour' in a facebook status, especially given the people who are doing the posting....:confused:

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I think SlutWalks boil down to "We want all the positive attention from dressing like sluts, but want to remove all possible negative attention."

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

It is the same thing for people driving flash cars or massive Rolexs and complaining of being vicitims of mugging if we follow your way of thinking..

6. dune

dune Senior member

There's a difference between "I might be interested in sex" and "fuck me please". It's not because someone dresses slutty that you have the right to do with them what they want...she might think you're ugly as fuck for example.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

People defending rape always surprise me..

If she is a tease ,tell her to fuck off and leave...

I have a problem with girls wearing slutty clothes and complaining about men staring at them..

That's idiotic..

8. dune

dune Senior member

Complaining about staring when they dress slutty is silly. Complaining about people grabbing/pinching/sexually assaulting them...that's completely legit.

9. MrG

MrG Senior member

OK, I sincerely don't mind those status updates where people ask you to "like" the picture of their kid/dog/koala so that they have the chance to win some sort of prize. In fact, I once made a similar post when my kid was part of a contest at a local business MrsG and I really like, so I understand that it can be a way to get exposure for a business and a nice prize for you or your kid. That said, I don't need messages, event invites, etc. asking me to go through a bunch of steps so your kid can win a free birthday party.

So, in short: Passive status update asking me to do a nice thing = me probably doing a nice thing for you. Harassing me repeatedly asking for the same = me ignoring you entirely.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

10. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

"LADIES: If he really LIKES u he will be interested in knowing how ur day went & how u r doin. If u have to consistently txt him, DROP IT LIKES ITS HOT, you showed ur effort."

I find this stupid.

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

The notion that texting constitutes "effort" is the aspect I find most stupid.

12. dune

dune Senior member

Eh, if I stopped texting a girl and only replied if she contacted me...that would be a bad sign for her.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Not talking about rape (which, ironically, the Slutwalk people say has nothing to do with sexy and all about power). The Slutwalk people want to remove any negative attention, like being called a slut for example. Basically they want attention, but they don't want people to be allowed to disapprove of them.

14. otc

otc Senior member

who the fuck starts this shit? I just saw the first one above on my news feed and axed that person.

Maybe someone is sappy and genuinely posted the first part...but who added the re-post this if _______ bullshit and spread it? Same for the second one...obviously the originator knows that make a wish isn't paying shit so they made it up for no reason. Stuff like ...fml and 1st world problems and doppelganger photos actually make sense why they spread (because at first they can be funny or clever) but these chains make no sense.

If I worked at facebook (and if they had similar "use some free time to play with skunk-works projects" policies as google), I would start mining the dataset for these trends. Publish some okcupid style analysis of who starts this shit and why. There is probably a forum out there (seems like a 4chanish thing to do) full of people competing to see how far they can get stupid people to spread their shit.

15. dune

dune Senior member

The direct reason for the Slutwalks though was a cop in Toronto basically saying that if women didn't want to get raped, they shouldn't dress as sluts.

I'd also like to point out that deciding what is slutty and what isn't is very subjective. Of course some outfits clearly fall into one category or the other, but what constitutes normal dress for a woman now, within a Western culture, would probably be seen as slutty in some other cultures, or within the same culture 100 years ago.