1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. Kira

Kira Senior member

@tagutcow , did you pay for popcorn?

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

No, but I smuggled some Steel Reserves in my jeans.

Is this the one movie black people don't talk through? :rimshot:

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I really enjoy watching movies when the cinema is populated with African Americans -- especially horror flicks

4. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Or, as you guys call them in Canada, "Dave and Bob".

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Nahh,, the Africans I've met in Canada are polite and do not make much noise

6. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

BTW, When Raj on The Big Bang Theory said, "Stick with Hannah Montana until season two, because the show was really still finding itself in that first season," I thought of you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

More like PK.

8. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Ha! Isn'tthat the truth!

2 people like this.
  9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Brilliant..:slayer:

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    The video with the woman who walked around the city recording all the catcalls she received has been making the rounds on my Facebook recently.

I haven't watched the video, so I can't comment on its content. However, I have observed a strong negative correlation between women commenting with stories about how they're constantly harassed by privileged men who've been bred by the patriarchy to view women as sex objects and attractiveness.

It appears we are in the midst of an epidemic of men accosting fat, homely chicks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

If she didn't get noticed , she would have been on a pro feminist rant about these young beautiful Ladies wearing sexy clothes attracting men interests by betraying their feminist sisters???

We cannot win ..

12. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

ugh, as soon as I saw that video pop up, i was like here we go. Thing is, it's never my pretty friends who post about the outrage.

edit: I didn't even read the second part of your post before making the above statement.

i haven't seen the video either, but I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that this woman wasn't walking on 5th avenue in the midst of wealthy men. I'd say she was more like 50 blocks north.

1 person likes this.
  13. otc

otc Senior member

There was a bit of discussion here (a la "women of Chicago, is it like this here too?").

What I found interesting were the posts from people ego talked about their experiences on the south and west sides (similar to your 50 blocks north).

They said that this would happen to them there, but that it actually appeared to work fairly often on people who actually lived there.

"dayumm girl lemme get yo number" was actually followed by an "OK" and an exchange of information more often than expected.

14. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Holds true on my Facebook!

1 person likes this.
  15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i think the part that my femi-nazi find offensive (but they won't admit) is the fact that the guys who do the cat calling are, in the majority of situations, also not attractive. How dare they!

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

It is actually men who are posting it on my feed.

17. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

same type of guy who posts memes like "maybe guys should try buying a girl a book instead of a beer"?

for the record, my response when that made the rounds was "the vast majority of girls are not like Emma Watson"

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I saw the video and the chick in it is pretty attractive. But it's evident she was not walking around in downtown Manhattan.

That said, I was surprised to see her get that many cat calls. That was an eye opener.

1 person likes this.
  19. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

have you ever been to Harlem?

In my observations, cat calls are pretty much part of the everyday culture there, and like otc said, it wouldn't be so prevalent if it didn't work. When we were looking at apartments up there, I couldn't believe the frequency, but later came to understand that it's simply a give and take part of the culture. The guys who made this video obviously knew it, and decided to exploit it.

note that I still have not seen the video so i don't know where it was shot, I'm merely commenting on my observations from a part of town I explored a lot this summer.

20. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

The majority of the dudes cat calling are minorities. That isn't talked about.

1 person likes this.