1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

He is an amazing author but a lot of these Tumblr, Facebook, etc. quotes are taken out of context.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

"I found out that Crossfit is a lot like reverse fight club. Because the first rule of Crossfit is to never shut up about Crossfit."

Not really a dumb friend since he always does clever sayings like this on fb.

8 people like this.
  3. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

Agreed. I like that one.

5. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

He stole it from Ellen Degeneres, btw.

4 people like this.
  6. MrG

MrG Senior member

Well, then, I can rest easy knowing that my sense of humor remains edgy and progressive despite my impending move to the suburbs.

2 people like this.
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

:nodding:

2 people like this.
  8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Wouldn't surprise me then since he has a humorous post nearly everyday. It'd be hard to come up with good ones all the time. Some past ones...

"If your movie is called Final Destination 5, it’s probably not the final destination."

"Please copy and paste this to your status if you're constantly being asked to copy and paste things to your status by friends who copy and paste things to their status. Many people won't copy and paste this, but my truly sarcastic friends will copy and paste it, because they know this was copied and pasted from a dear friend in need of more stuff to copy and paste. And if you don't copy and paste it, then this means you hate puppies and bacon. And if you hate bacon, the terrorists win."

"In reference to why men can sleep with lots a women and it’s fine, but women can’t sleep with lots of men or else they’re whores. If a key opens a lot of locks, it’s a master key. But if a lock is opened by a lot of different keys, it’s just a shitty lock."

"If an illegal Immigrant fought a child molester would it be Alien Vs. Predator?"

"If there isn’t a Chinese millionaire that’s changed their name to Cha Ching then I don’t see the point of money."

9. Neo_Version 7

I would defriend him immediately

1 person likes this.
  10. MrG

MrG Senior member

I thought Douglas was kidding about that being an Ellen joke, but maybe not.

Ha. Of all the things that could happen to me, becoming a fatty is pretty unlikely. I wasn't given too many genetic advantages, but a tendency to resist weight gain is one item on that short list.

11. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

It was a joke, I was just portiaing your de rossi.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

No, each Final Destination is a separate episode concerning different people, so for the characters in each Final Destination it is their final destination, doesn't carry over to next films. With the exception of 1 - 2 but she dies in the mental ward anyway.

13. Neo_Version 7

The rollercoaster one was my favourite.

1 person likes this.
  14. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

The rental had this "chose your own destiny" feature that at the time was pretty cool. Allowed you to change the movie a bit.

15. Neo_Version 7

I remember that. My friends and I made every decision that was different from the movie. They all still die I think (guy getting his head sliced with the car fan; black kid's head smashed with weights; goth kid gets sliced in half via carnival ride).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  16. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I'm truly getting on in years. I wondered how the movie could be inter active on a VHS tape, but then realised it must have been on CD-i.

17. Neo_Version 7

When one of your friends on Facebook has a birthday, do you guys PM them or post on their wall??

18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Laserdisc, brah.

1 person likes this.
  19. otc

otc Senior member

I usually post on their wall. I don't know why I still do...I suppose it is nice.

Even facebook doesn't care anymore. It condenses all of the birthday posts into one single mass post thing that you can click on to see all of the birthday responses.

20. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

I remember a review that said that scene managed to break all known laws of physics in 5 minutes.

For a film series with five installments, Final Destination was remarkably uninterested in exploring its own premises. Sometimes there was an unseen hand nudging things around to set the mousetrap in motion, most of the time it just appeared to be a stroke of horrendous luck— in either case, nobody really cares so long as it ends with a cool-looking dismemberment. There was obviously some supernatural force hounding these kids above and beyond the poetic-but-mundane sense death pursues us all, but the series was blithely uninterested in exploring who or what this force is.

That's not to say I didn't see Final Destination 5 in theaters (seeing any movies in theaters is extremely rare for me— hell, these days seeing any movies at all is extremely rare for me) but I realized it the kind of movie where it's impossible to leave the theater without some measure of shame, and that as long as it outputs soul-killing garbage like this, Hollywood's claim to be the weaver of dreams is fraudulent.

Of course, then I completely sat out The Tree of Life. Nice going, moron.