• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like animals being animals. You can only train cats so much; for the most part, they're just going to do what they're going to do. If a person can't accept that about cats, she shouldn't bring them into her home.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would but her and i's relationship isnt the greatest. We use to get in a ton of fights before she married my best friend. I keep my mouth shut anymore so that i can maintain a relationship with my friend. 

Maybe your friend should step in and make his wife stop getting and then getting rid of animals.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

This girl is trying to get rid of the puppy she just got.  i guess it chewed up somethings when she wasnt home. In the past 2 years she has gotten and then given away 3 cats. Its seriously annoying. She always blames them on being bad. I just want to tell her," you're 0-4 for pets, its probably not the animals that's the issue"

You need to tell your friend to get a vasectomy this weekend. This **** is not going to be contained just to pets.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

You need to tell your friend to get a vasectomy this weekend. This **** is not going to be contained just to pets.

Hmmm. Wonder how long it is before this young lady puts her husband out for being bad.

Mr Martini

Reaction score
Trust me guys i know, i however am just staying clear from the **** storm that would come from it.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would but her and i's relationship isnt the greatest. We use to get in a ton of fights before she married my best friend. I keep my mouth shut anymore so that i can maintain a relationship with my friend. 

PM me a link to the post and I'll say it (provided the post is publicly viewable...I ain't friending her)

Mr Martini

Reaction score
PM me a link to the post and I'll say it (provided the post is publicly viewable...I ain't friending her)
Thanks for the offer, but im just going to say something to him (husband) about it in private. The guy is like a brother to me so we can talk very openly with each other.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This girl is trying to get rid of the puppy she just got.  i guess it chewed up somethings when she wasnt home. In the past 2 years she has gotten and then given away 3 cats. Its seriously annoying. She always blames them on being bad. I just want to tell her," you're 0-4 for pets, its probably not the animals that's the issue"

My frigging cats piss eveywhere and one uses his claws everywhere but I will never give them away..

They have been in my life for 13 years...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I trained my cat with a water spritzer thing. Every time he clawed something that wasn't his post, he got a light dusting of water. Within 4 weeks his behaviour was perfect and 10 years on I can have leather furniture and wooden floors without worry.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I trained my cat with a water spritzer thing. Every time he clawed something that wasn't his post, he got a light dusting of water. Within 4 weeks his behaviour was perfect and 10 years on I can have leather furniture and wooden floors without worry.

Mine is an idiot...

I have tried everything but I still love him.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mine is an idiot...

I have tried everything but I still love him.

This has been my experience. My kitty is too dumb for punishment to be effective: apparently she is incapable of linking the punishment to the prohibited act in her kitty mind.

On a related point, when Genevieve was a little kitten, I used to punish her with "the wall of punishment." Basically, I held her up so that her back was against the wall, looked her right in the eyes, and gave her a detailed lecture on what we called "behaviorment science." (It was the science of correct cat behavior.) The wall of punishment did not actually work as a punishment, though, because she'd always start purring.

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This has been my experience. My kitty is too dumb for punishment to be effective: apparently she is incapable of linking the punishment to the prohibited act in her kitty mind.

On a related point, when Genevieve was a little kitten, I used to punish her with "the wall of punishment." Basically, I held her up so that her back was against the wall, looked her right in the eyes, and gave her a detailed lecture on what we called "behaviorment science." (It was the science of correct cat behavior.) The wall of punishment did not actually work as a punishment, though, because she'd always start purring.

That's awesome.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I did try rubbing his nose in it , spraying (with water) him, eveything...

The bastard is into uro big time..

He has to spray all the time...

My second cat is a scratcher and a plastic lover..

Do not ask..

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's with this urge to Yakov Smirnoff-ize all folk wisdom?

Last edited:

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that people who write these things are usually the sad unattractive bunch.
They feel the need to shower everyone with their "great personality"
F***ers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics