Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I never de-friend anyone. I have blocked quite a few people's updates, though. About evenly split between women who update constantly with every inane thought that pops into their heads and blowhard dudes who spew their overly confrontational opinions about everything onto my news feed daily.

2. APK

APK Senior member

Blocking is my preferred means of filtering out the nonsense a lot of people post. I've only deleted a handful of people over the years and always with a legitimate reason (i.e. we took a class together freshmen year of college and I haven't seen or talked to you since).

I hesitate to delete most people for fear of that awkward crossing of paths that will inevitably happen afterward.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^Love that awkwardness. Better yet someone you barely know requests you, you never add them. They see you in person and avert their eyes haha. But alas the new unfriending system takes too much time. fuck it.

4. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Don't have a FB account anymore, did they change the way you can unfriend people? Used to be that you just go to their profile and clock on 'remove' or something.

5. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

basically, but Im used to viewing an A-Z list and just clicking x's so I delete dozens in minutes. I guess it's not that bad

6. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    Currently I have 108 friend requests. I have no intention of adding any of those people. I don't feel badly about it at all

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

People worth deleting won't notice you defriended them. There are only about 20 people who's profiles I actively look for. Otherwise I only notice who's on my friends list when I'm inviting specific people to events or my news feed is spammed with their crap. I love deleting people. When I graduated college I took months casually deleting about 100 people (even fraternity brothers I partied a lot with). The vast majority never noticed (proves a lot of people have filler in their friends lists particularly if you have over 150). Little by little some have friended me again and I've accepted.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

8. suited

suited Senior member

You cannot unfriend. You must block. Unfriending = the person knowing you unfriended them. Blocking, they think you closed your account (make sure you're unsearchable, first).

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Um, that was like 7 years ago. If you unfriend someone now, they have no idea (no notification). They'd only notice if they look for you on their friends list or they look on your profile and notice "add as friend".

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The Google+ handles the unfriending thing much better.

Just sayin'...

11. APK

APK Senior member

I'd rather just hide most people I'm tempted to delete. That way you keep up the charade of online friendship for their benefit without having to be bothered with the stupid shit that they post. I've honestly forgotten I was friends with some people because I've had them hidden for so long and then they comment on something I post.

That's usually how I find out that someone deleted me. I'll think, "Hey, I haven't seen them post anything for a while," and then I'll find them and realize it's because they deleted me. I have too many "friends" on there that it's difficult to know who deletes me when my friend count drops. Yet for other various reasons, I seem to realize who it is pretty quickly. I don't think I'm alone there. I've deactivated my account twice over the years and several people have noticed within a day even though they have a ton of FB friends.

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I rejected my mom's request. don't see any upside to it.

13. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

How about me e-stalxX0Ring and boaning her? How's that for an upside? Then, the fact that tagut boaned your mom could totally be your thing on SF. Your inclusion into the Inner Circle would almost be assured!

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Mine is dead...

I doubt she will poke me on Facebook.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

well I guess thats better than another night in the bar playing pool alone