1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. suited

suited Senior member

We haven't hung out in years, and he's not on my fb newsfeed, but I can't resist checking it once in a while to see what he's doing. I enjoy ridiculing him, to be honest.

2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

this one crazy bitch i sort of know from college was constantly doing the "it's 5 AM, off to the gym again!" routine. Fucking stop.

but now, she's posting pictures of herself AT the gym. God almighty.

she also posts plenty about how Brooklyn is the greatest place in the world, so I know she's full of shit when she drones on about how much she lifted today.

1 person likes this.
  3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

is she worthy of the athletic women appreciation thread? her FB friendship might be a good thing for you

4. Greggy500

Greggy500 Member

No, but dumb people have them all the time and their dumb friends post about it on line.

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

no. god no. she's of the giant clit bodybuilder types. (her last name, a, uh, male specific fluid, makes it hilarious for me)

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Cowper's?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

9. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Fay Shawl ???

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  10. MrG

MrG Senior member

Attention teachers:

You get months - months - off every summer. Then you have to work a whole three months before you get somewhere between five and seven days off for Thanksgiving and, a whole month later, two weeks at Christmas. Oh, and just in case the couple of months you have to work after the two weeks you get off at Christmas becomes too much of a grind, you get another week off in the spring. Then it's a whole two, maybe a bit more, months of work before that months-long summer break comes back around and give you the chance to recover from that I-just-worked-more-than-nine-months-with-only-a-total-of-like-a-month-of-vacation-time grind.

Truly, it is unbelievable that anyone could survive such a grueling work life. Thank you for posting on Facebook and reminding us how insanely hard it is to go back to work.

11. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

this one

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Yeah, but, like...they have to take a couple continuing education classes in there!

There's some strong entitlement with a lot of teachers. Loss of perspective on how everybody else in the universe has to work, I guess. I'm allowed to call them out on it because I used to teach :nodding: Yeah, my current job is WAY harder than teaching. And I still have an easy job on an objective scale.

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

FTFY

1 person likes this.
  14. javyn

javyn Senior member

Yeah I just can't understand why our education system is in the toilet. Oh yeah. Maybe I can.

15. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Indeed, there can be no doubt that people like MrG's facebook friends are to blame for the failures of our educational system. If anyone else seems blameworthy, that is but a false semblance.

16. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

and yet there are shining beacons for those who seek to be learned men and women. those who strive for what most would say is too high. and we can only hope that the greater St. Louis area spread that light across the Americas and all over the world.

1 person likes this.
  17. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

:rotflmao:

18. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

19. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored