Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.
Are you surprised???
From the looks of it, he's raising his kid, basically alone, and he's doing it at an age where he's really still a kid himself.
Have you ever known a single parent? Do you have any clue how fucking hard it is? It's nice and all that you seem to think it's just something he should do, thus giving you the right to roll your eyes at the whole deal, but he's doing something that's really tough. There's nothing wrong with him asking for a little support and getting it, even if it's just some props from his friends on a medium like Facebook. Good on him for doing the right thing, and good on those people for encouraging him.
^ what he fucking said.
...now, if you were having a chuckle at the ungrammatical ways in which people were posting their props, I can get behind that sentiment
I think the problem is that people are congratulating him as if he's a hero when he created the mess to begin with, not to mention he's publicly announcing his efforts. Should people also congratulate normal parents who never say a word about the hardships of raising their children?
That kid sounds like he is in a situation where it's pretty much normal and accepted for the father to cut and run. Good for him for not doing it and he does deserve a little congratulations, if only as an example to the other deadbeat fathers out there.
It's a bit odd to brag on facebook about it but whatever...you don't have to be his facebook friend.
Indeed; for millions of years children have been raised by their parents.
And +1 to chuckling at the terrible grammar.
His story states that the mother allegedly couldn't get pregnant, and then she bailed when times got tough, so it doesn't appear the mess he created was intentional. On top of raising a kid on his own, he has the added challenge of doing so as a teenage father. There are hardships in every family, but this guy has it considerably harder than most. What's the harm in people showing some support?
I agree it's kind of odd that he was searching for praise on Facebook, but I still think it's a good thing that people are offering him words of encouragement.
Agreed, on all accounts.
OHMYGAWH why is everyone so sensitive.
1. I was not talking about his story in particular, I was referring to stories that are used to draw attention. The "one prayer/like if you love Jesus" type.
2. I posted a picture about the comments because I thought it was humorous/sad
3. I posted the story because someone asked about it.
4. Yes I know single parents, I also know children who have lost both parents. I work for an organization that reinstates refugees into society, freshman year of undergrad I practically spent all of my time away from school with three kids. I'm not saying I know what it's like to be a parent so don't start that bull shit. But yes I have seen firsthand how hard it is for parents and kids.
5. Sure maybe he comes from a social class where it is common for a father to leave his kids and it's good that he's an exception.
6. MrG, I have come to accept that you don't like me. Sorry if my post offended you, but I was referring to the comments. I'm very well aware of social/cultural problems that are present and I would not ridicule someone for being born into society where these problems exist.
idiot who posted the suicide pic put this on his status:
boy I really hope someone burns his car before he gets anybody hurt.
Wtf, that's some crazy shit.
I was in the car with a girl one this week and the beech was getting pissed because I didn't want to listen to her freaking rap and started accelerating and let go of the steering wheel.
That's just dumb.
I have some friends who race on the track on the weekends. During weekdays, on the road, they're the most defensive, careful drivers I've seen.
exactly. think there's really something seriously wrong with that guy. I called him out with this:
and this psychopath replied with this
Your Facebook friend sucks.
(mostly leftover vitriol from his suicide status)
There is one girl with which I was going out, I don't like girls that believe that they are models when they are not. A lot of things happened that we stop talking and unfortunately I can't delete her cause I don't want to look like if I'm mad because of the things that happened and mostly I don't use Facebook a lot. She feels like she's the hottest girl so the other day I entered Facebook, and her status was: "Thank you to all the liars that told me when I asked you if I were fat and you told me NO. You liars! I'm now eating healthy and doing exercise and starting to see the difference. Thank you liars".
I mean... what girl will take positively a comment if you tell her she's fat?
And today... "You don't need a new year to make a change. If you want to loose weight. Eat healthy...." and I don't remember the rest of the post, but it's like if she's waiting to someone to comment "oh yeah you're very philosophical". Problem is, some people do! C'mon everybody know that!
I personally believe that somebody that live in a "Predetermined future" (don't know if there's a term lik this in english) can think outside the box.
Sorry guys, I needed to speak this, I would love to comment all the stupid things she puts, but I don't want to get into trouble.
She's a twat...
Separate names with a comma.