1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. why

why Senior member

:uhoh:

3 people like this.
  2. Godot

Godot Senior member

OK, I've found a new level of dumbness. Suppose like many NRA members you are concerned about new possible gun legislation. Suppose you have a class and make a living doing some kind of training. Do you write a letter to your Congressperson or the New York Times? Do you get like minded people to sign a petition or go on a march of some kind? No, why go to all that work when you can go on YouTube and post this

This is the cleaned up version. In the first one he threatened to kill people. What happened? Homeland Security pulled his carry permit and took his guns. DUH

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I need better friends

[​IMG]

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

This is the one that got him in trouble.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/...start-killing-people-over-obamas-gun-control/

Also, it was the state of Tennessee that revoked his permit. The DHS doesn't issue hangun permits.

5. Godot

Godot Senior member

Mauchausen Good call. You've got me, I saw the 2nd one on something and then couldn't find it again. . The thing about Homeland Security bothered me too, but I swear it was in some story I read about the guy. My cousin has a Tennessee CCW and when he got it he had to post some kind of bond. I wonder if that's still the case and if so, how it effects this guy.
    The other thing that bothers me is that he's telling everyone else to man the barricades and when the police come to him he gives up without a fight. Some teenager is going to watch that and take it seriously and wind up ruining their lives. Stupid.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  6. otc

otc Senior member

The article I saw said the notice that his CCW was rescinded was "in the mail" (although he obviously knows about it now) so maybe he still has a chance to be an idiot and not give up without a fight.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Don't they call that 'Formula'? :roma:

BTW: if you're not getting it from the source, ... dammit, there's a good punch line in there somewhere.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  8. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

People confusing correlation with causality. Apparently, the perpetrator of every mass shooting in the US since Columbine has been on SSRI's. This clearly demonstrates that SSRI's can cause people to go crazy and shoot people. Not...you know...that people who are unstable tend to seek psychiatric help and that people who are unstable are also those who are going to engage in acts of mass violence.

[​IMG]

This guy went to a T14 law school too...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Thank you for bringing that piece of information to my attention, Claghorn. I've always had my suspicions about those SSRIs. I'm off to Facebook to spread the word.

10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

'merica.

:plain:

11. VaderDave

VaderDave Senior member

No one on StyleForum would deign to take a measly $500K/year job.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I'm fairly certain there's a few 85k nurses and Big Thyme Hollywood Producers and world famous neurosurgeons who would jump at the chance.

13. L'Incandescent

If I got religion in my soul and decided to take a vow of poverty, I'd consider stepping down to a job like that, I guess.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

What was the name of your fictitious car?

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Real talk, my salary isn't anything to write home about. I mean, it's quite high but nowhere near the range most would expect considering my position. I'm very fortunate to come from a wealthy family so it's not like I'm ever left wanting. At the end of the day, I do what I do because I genuinely enjoy helping people and you can't put a price on that feeling of fulfilment.

16. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Oh yes, yes you can.

1 person likes this.
  17. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

St. John's Hospital, London.

The surgical genius entered the breathless hush of the operating room...
    the sound of the huge anesthetizing machine going ta-pocketa, ta-pocketa.

There were whispered introductions.

White coated Dr.:- I'm glad you came. Dr. Remington. Dr. Renshaw. Dr. Pritchard-Midford, ...- Dr. Neo_Version 7.

Dr. Neo_Version 7:- Gentlemen.

Dr. Remington:- The new anesthetizer's giving way! There's no one in the East who knows how to fix it!

Dr. Neo_Version 7:- Quiet, man. Give me your fountain pen. - That will hold for ten minutes.

All:- Astounding! He's not only the greatest surgeon in the world...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Are you Doctor Carter?

19. L'Incandescent

I drive a 2013 Maybach Crispin LE.

20. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Traded in the 2012?