Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by musicguy, May 10, 2011.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

He is not exactly ready for London 2012...

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

HMM. You know your friend better than I ever will, so take this in the gentle (and uninformed) spirit I intend. As a runner, I support anyone who gets out there and makes an honest effort. Some people are straight-up limited in how far and long they can go, for various reasons. And some people need the support to deal with the struggle, so I offer it unstintingly. I could tell you story after story about runners who went further than they ever thought possible, myself included, but this isn't the place for it. Now, if your friend is just loafing along and wrapping up his once-monthly runs with a celebratory cheesecake, then I think that's where my patience would end. You know him better than I do, though, just wanted to share my $0.02.

LAWL thanks mang! Trying to get Rouse to Run the SA, and I'm debating entering Chevron this year.

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Oh, it's more just that I don't like the whole Facebook-era "I gotta update everyone on everything and expect pats on the back for the most routine shit. People work out. Cool. Good for them. I don't need to post my lifting numbers every damn time I go to the gym and expect a bunch of "Likes."

The other part of it is that he's been at this 2 miles, 25 minutes level for literally four years and makes a big point to talk about how he "loves" running and it's his sport etc etc. Just kind of silly to me, especially when we have mutual friends who actually run marathons.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I just came back from running...

Can I post my time???:crackup:

You're absolutely right.

People are just gone insane providing the most trivial information of their life to the rest of their world..

5. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

hahah I have a friend that does the same thing, he was fat and started working out and now everytime he goes to the gym he feels the need to post about it.

Las you have been pmed

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  6. gort

gort Senior member

Fat girl on my facebook who I have mentioned previously keeps posting about her crossfit workouts. SMH.

7. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Why is this a bad thing (I haven't seen your previous posts about this girl)? For all the complaining people do about fat people on these boards I would think one of them actually getting a hard workout would be a good thing.

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

That is why I don't post anything on my facebook.

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

It's good that they're working out, but A) it's annoying that people feel the need to update everyone on the most mundane parts of their life B) many of them are asking for praise for their routine workouts. Just go workout and shut the fuck up about it, you don't need to get praise from your friends for running a mile or doing some squats.

If you do something interesting or noteworthy involving working out, great, inform your friends. Compete in something, run a race, hit a new milestone. But "I just ran my usual two mile circuit in my usual shitty time!" (or even, I just ran my usual routine in my usual good time) is just clutter. Shut up.

Maybe I just hate Facebook culture in general.

10. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

It all depends on the maturity of people that you have friended. I don't get the bs posts from my older friends. I am now disabling automatic notifications for many people lol.

11. gort

gort Senior member

Because this person has been overweight for years and is ALWAYS posting about her new weight loss/fitness plans and none of them ever work. People shouldn't post about any of these fitness or weight loss goals until they have completed the goal. If they do it at the start it's just another "how long until they quit" moment.

BTW since I posted this, another fatty who has done the same thing for years, always checking in at "boot camp" and posting her "healthy meals" checked in at IHOP at 2am last night. :facepalm:

12. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Think the football season's over....

13. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

The Crossfitters on my friends list are among the most annoying people... even on their non-workout-related posts. But the eye-candy makes up for it. Yes, AllisonNYC is my FB friend (google her blog for some fun.) :D

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

ftfy

dem nudes hnnnnnng.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I can see the frustration there. FWIW, the last running-related posts that I've made were race-related or key workouts, like Track Tuesday, and I keep 'em short (the posts, that is).

yeah, agree.

I have a friend like this: I'm glad she's doing well but I'm sorely tempted to tighten the filter on her posts.

You should suggest she try the oatmeal and egg whites.