• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Mountain driving, 35 mph car speeds up to 55 in passing sections slows back to 35 after. Its a wonder no one has done a study of peoples insecurities and how they express them behind the wheel of a car.

The #1 cause of accidents in the US is testosterone.

I really appreciate adaptive cruise systems because they take some of my ego out of the equation. I find it easier to be a safe and patient driver when its in control.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate being tailgated on snowy roads . When I go sideways the last thing I need is that asshole t-boning me. I will virtually come to a complete stop in passing zone to get rid of them.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Even though one cannot experience peak driving using it, I use my cruise whenever possible. It's actually how I know people are speeding up or slowing down driven by my presence as referenced in my earlier post.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I use cruise almost 100% of the time I'm driving. Adaptive cruise so far has only caused me problems.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You should upgrade and find out.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise is the best. Regular cruise takes most of the ego out of the situation, but there's still all of those times where you have to cancel it when someone pulls in front of you, or where you start to crawl up on someone because your speed is 0.8MPH out of sync with theirs.

It is the #1 feature I wish my car had, but the assholes only made it available in the top trim package which includes a bunch of **** I definitely don't want.

I hate being tailgated on snowy roads . When I go sideways the last thing I need is that asshole t-boning me. I will virtually come to a complete stop in passing zone to get rid of them.

The worst part is that half the time, they don't even want to go faster than you. They are just ****** drivers who can't modulate their speed without pacing another vehicle 10 feet in front of them.

So they don't pass you given the opportunity...so you slow down more and maybe they pass you...only to drive slower than they were driving when they were behind you.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m sorrynotsorry to admit this, but if you’ve been holding me up for miles, you’re going to get passed no matter how much you decide to speed up in that passing zone

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just drive like I don't give a ****, just like my dad treated me.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Narrow winding snow covered roads with downgrades and uphills weed out the don't give a F***ers pretty quickly. One day last winter I drove past 4 upside downers in 10 miles.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I got tailgated on a snowy interstate once. Once there was room to pass the guy flies around me, and not 10 seconds later spins out and winds up in a snow drift. Wish I had a dash cam because I would love to relive that moment of karma.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got a front/rear dash cam combo. Looking forward to installing it.

The rear view really helps show the crazy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads