• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New page, so I can’t see what you’re referencing. It’s like it never happened.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I saw a dude riding a motorcycle today with a yellow safety vest, but he was wearing a t-shirt, chino shorts, and sneakers. I mean, I guess maybe he's more visible and less likely to get into an accident, but if you're safety concious enough to wear a yellow vest, you'd think armor or at least pants or a jacket would be in order.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a dude riding a motorcycle today with a yellow safety vest, but he was wearing a t-shirt, chino shorts, and sneakers. I mean, I guess maybe he's more visible and less likely to get into an accident, but if you're safety concious enough to wear a yellow vest, you'd think armor or at least pants or a jacket would be in order.

Jacket off when riding a motorcycle is my advice.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you ride a motorcycle safety is not something you examine too deeply.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i once saw a dude limping through freeway traffic to retrieve his motorcycle against the opposite retaining wall. did not look like a good time

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was lucky, and in my 20 years or so of street riding, only laid my bike down once. It was when I was in undergrad and I had a gym bag on my tank, with the handles looped over my review mirrors, and the bag was over full of heavy text books. The books all shifted and jack knifed the handle bars. Thankfully I was only doing about 5 mph. Lesson learned and I always took the time to bungie my bag onto the rear of the seat after that.

Did have a number of close calls though all due to cage drivers doing stupid ****.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went down once in the rain when some asshole in a mini-van cut me off.

Hit a deer and didn’t go down. Always wore a helmet and gear though.

Edit to add - come to think of it, I think it was a Town & Country, and as Piob is so happy to mention he worked at Chrysler he probably built it so he is at least tangentially responsible for it. Hey, Piob, **** you.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I went down once because I was a new rider, wasn't looking far enough ahead, came upon someone turning at a weird intersection that no one ever turns at Rear wheel was on train tracks when I locked the brakes so I lost control.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Train tracks are the worse particularly in the rain.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worse are cobblestone streets. The worser are grates. Worserer are grated bridges.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my last town was an island, in my jeep you could feel this nutty lateral slip on the grated drawbridge

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s only an island if you look at it from the water.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my first bike when I was 12 so I probably laid down more than your average bear but the best was riding into a water covered drainage ditch alongside the road in a Louisiana rainstorm.The bike completely disappeared. I must have been loaded with adrenaline because I drug it out by myself. A Triumph Bonneville.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads