• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't get the brooklyn nets 'black and white' court , especially when they wear the black and white unis and sort of blend in and the other team pops out in color . distracting broadcast , it looks like oz vs kansas .

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF is going on with the ads?
Screenshot_20230128_192718_Chrome.jpg

Vintage almost pr0n and pro Bama gear?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do manufacturers sometimes insist on putting super bright LEDs on **** that doesn't need to light up?

I recently bought a 2-port usb-c charger and it has a blue LED on it
619-NENMZ+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It isn't a button or anything, it is just a fancy circle light.

Motherfucker lights up a dark bedroom and I had to put not one but two layers of white electrical tape over it to hide the light.

Why? Who wants this? None of my other 1-2 device chargers have any sort of light on them at all.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro, can you stop posting all of these NYPost articles that are just thinly veiled attempts to stir up transphobia?

People do weird fuçking shît all the time. Murdoch's minions are intentionally cherry picking the stories where they can make sure to drop in quotes like "who uses they/them pronouns" to make their fox-loving readership salivate and normalize the idea anyone who doesn't happen to love the gender role they were born into is some kind of crazy freak.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro, can you stop posting all of these NYPost articles that are just thinly veiled attempts to stir up transphobia?

People do weird fuçking shît all the time. Murdoch's minions are intentionally cherry picking the stories where they can make sure to drop in quotes like "who uses they/them pronouns" to make their fox-loving readership salivate and normalize the idea anyone who doesn't happen to love the gender role they were born into is some kind of crazy freak.

Bro, I just looked at my last few posts in this "THINGS YOU JUST DON'T GET" thread. They have nothing to do with stirring up "transphobia".

They have everything to do with THINGS YOU(I) JUST DON'T GET.

People do do weird **** all the time. Some of them, I JUST DON'T GET.

I live in NYC. The NY Post is one of the online papers that I read every day.

I JUST DON'T GET why my postings in the THINGS YOU JUST DON'T GET thread, YOU DON'T GET!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why do manufacturers sometimes insist on putting super bright LEDs on **** that doesn't need to light up?

Motherfucker lights up a dark bedroom and I had to put not one but two layers of white electrical tape over it to hide the light.

Why? Who wants this? None of my other 1-2 device chargers have any sort of light on them at all.
I have that too, except mine is USB-A and USB-C. I kinda like the cool blue light. As far as i can tell, it’s there to tell you that the thing is plugged in :laugh:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro, I just looked at my last few posts in this "THINGS YOU JUST DON'T GET" thread. They have nothing to do with stirring up "transphobia".

They have everything to do with THINGS YOU(I) JUST DON'T GET.

People do do weird **** all the time. Some of them, I JUST DON'T GET.

I live in NYC. The NY Post is one of the online papers that I read every day.

I JUST DON'T GET why my postings in the THINGS YOU JUST DON'T GET thread, YOU DON'T GET!

Yeah, no pattern at all of Murdoch properties intentionally stirring up transphobia. Sorry if you didn't post them all in this specific thread.

They know they can't get away with quite as many stories like "BLACK man commits crime....Tyrone Jones, who has never even been to New York, committed a crime in Chicago a month ago, but right now we think it is very important that you hear about how Jones, who is of African American descent, did something that will upset you and we want to make sure you tune into Tucker Carlson tonight with the appropriate level of grievances."

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, no pattern at all of Murdoch properties intentionally stirring up transphobia. Sorry if you didn't post them all in this specific thread.

They know they can't get away with quite as many stories like "BLACK man commits crime....Tyrone Jones, who has never even been to New York, committed a crime in Chicago a month ago, but right now we think it is very important that you hear about how Jones, who is of African American descent, did something that will upset you and we want to make sure you tune into Tucker Carlson tonight with the appropriate level of grievances."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, I just call them like I see 'em.

Murdoch's people do this intentionally. They are sensational headlines made to make people go WTF (dragon-person's photo alone is totally worthy of this thread), but they choose these stories and amplify certain details because they are pushing an agenda.

Often the articles themselves aren't even that bad because they know the people they are trying to rile up won't read the whole thing. E.g. the dragon article ends on a fairly positive note, but that is buried after a bunch of pictures and the link to the comments...
...or when you actually read the Aretha Franklin article you realize it is about some random twitter account with 2000 followers (so not actually newsworthy) and they can't even decide if it is satire or not. Spotify probably wasn't even aware of their "request" to remove the song.

The only reason they run that story is so people will see the headline, see it as evidence of some kind of out of control woke culture, and get mad enough to drool through more Fox News.

They write them like this because it makes it harder to call them our: reading any single article all the way through doesn't seem that insidious...but they know their true audience won't read them and will just absorb the headlines/photos as part of a broader pattern of propaganda.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Some effects pedals are like that. It's blinding to look down at your stomp board sometimes.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a power strip under my desk that has green lights along the sides that are ridiculously bright, so I covered them with a couple of strips of heavy duty gorilla tape. Guess what? The lights are so strong they make the beige plastic housing of the entire power strip glow. Damn you, Monoprice!

• Angry
Reactions: otc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads