• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

alps

Reaction score
I don’t understand why we have so many school shootings compared to other countries in the world. Somebody move me to Europe. Seriously how the hell does every other country have the same mental health problems we do and rarely ever have a school shooting..
This is my first post, I was just reading about about sizing advice and Cowboy boots so far, but as a European I feel adressed: rarely anyone owns any guns. You're not even allowed to walk around with a fixed blade unless you are a hunter or a park ranger or something.
I'm not sure about "the same health problems" tbh, there are a lot of things that seem very unhinged from an outside perspective.
The main point I don't get about those massacres is, that these rights and amendments seem to be above EVERYTHING else, right? I just googled it and it says, that these rights are from 1791 and it is really hard to grasp, for me as a European, that there seems to be absolutely no way to somehow modernize or adjust these laws. Why is that?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my first post, I was just reading about about sizing advice and Cowboy boots so far, but as a European I feel adressed: rarely anyone owns any guns. You're not even allowed to walk around with a fixed blade unless you are a hunter or a park ranger or something.
I'm not sure about "the same health problems" tbh, there are a lot of things that seem very unhinged from an outside perspective.
The main point I don't get about those massacres is, that these rights and amendments seem to be above EVERYTHING else, right? I just googled it and it says, that these rights are from 1791 and it is really hard to grasp, for me as a European, that there seems to be absolutely no way to somehow modernize or adjust these laws. Why is that?

There is a way to modernize, it’s just that the majority of people don’t have the willpower to alter a right that was granted in 1787 (to own firearms) to protect ones that were granted in 1776 (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Fun fact: Those signs are a result of the literal Typhoid Mary. She was a cook and was known to not wash her hands.

Another fun fact is the ubiquitous gloves in food service actually increase the transmission of bacteria and viruses per multiple studies...but I've gone on about that before.

6. Buy life insurance (through this convenient referral link)....On a certain level, the richer you are, the less necessary this becomes. If you've got a few mil banked up for retirement and **** and you die, well, that sucks...but there's plenty of money to pay for college and let your spouse pay the bills.

Agreed that life insurance is mainly used by those that need and estate prior to earning/building an estate but millionaires often fund a life insurance policy for testamentary philanthropic gifts and/or for inheritances. I have one to create a perpetual scholarship in our names at my public health grad school.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alps

Reaction score
There is a way to modernize, it’s just that the majority of people don’t have the willpower to alter a right that was granted in 1787 (to own firearms) to protect ones that were granted in 1776 (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness).
Even if it means people will die on a regular basis? But thanks for the explanation, if never heard it so simply put. Makes sense somehow. Why do you think Europeans take those rights for granted while Americans feel the need to defend them with guns? Who is threatening you? (For example: I live in a house that is older than 1776 and it got altered in a way, that now we have toilets, water and underfloor heating and don't pass away at the ripe age of 31 anymore.)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why doesn't the Vatican just get a wireless microphone for the Pope? It looks so bad to have that giant gooseneck microphone stand everywhere.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
were it here it people what talking bout hot dogs is sandwich ?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An ad for ‘tactical baby gear’. would have thought it was a stupid idea a week ago

5213705E-688E-462A-AE45-FFC5A00D69DB.jpeg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is only one way to incorrectly potato, potato salad. If I wanted to throw up I would just use my ball gag mask.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads