• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was trying to decide if it was worth ponying up for business-level service at my new place since I'll be permanent WFH and will likely have less backup options if stuff doesn't work...

So maybe I want to click the "Learn More" link about what the increased network reliability actually means?

1627333868571.png

Ok then...

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a recruiter email for an Analyst position (I’m not an analyst) with listed requirements of 8 years of Analytics/Operations experience.

8 years for an analyst

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Fogo de Chao on Ubereats. Does a gaucho show up to slice meat off a skewer for you?

I don't get front yards. Seems you could move the house closer to the sidewalk, and have a larger more functional back yard. Very rarely have I a seen an average sized house's front yard and went 'damn, great use of space.'

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the topic of front yards, i dont get why ppl just do straight up grass. You can literally plant anything or do something else with it and it'd be more interesting.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Texas feels the need to replicate the climate of the Sun every summer.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On the topic of front yards, i dont get why ppl just do straight up grass. You can literally plant anything or do something else with it and it'd be more interesting.
Ease? More stuff you have going on, the more upkeep

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOA might have certain restrictions

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why Texas feels the need to replicate the climate of the Sun every summer.

I endorse this. Serves as a deterrent for carpetbaggers who might think about taking advantage of the no state-income tax/ opportunities in the energy sector. Gives ole GE something to fall back on when the communists take the coasts. I know you'll be there agitating, and maybe Plano will fall and even half of Dallas-Fort Worth, but Houston and West Texas will stand strong, or at least, go down fighting.

HOA might have certain restrictions

HOAs used to be communist dictatorships for people who were to impatient to wait for the Revolution. Now it's for anybody who has the foolish notion that they'd like to own some land of their own.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw Fogo de Chao on Ubereats. Does a gaucho show up to slice meat off a skewer for you?

I don't get front yards. Seems you could move the house closer to the sidewalk, and have a larger more functional back yard. Very rarely have I a seen an average sized house's front yard and went 'damn, great use of space.'
People also used to be more willing to hang out in the front. Now they want to avoid being seen by anyone it seems.

Like I would never design a place with a front porch... What are you gonna do? Sit in a swinging chair and read a book? Why not do it on a back deck?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People also used to be more willing to hang out in the front. Now they want to avoid being seen by anyone it seems.

Like I would never design a place with a front porch... What are you gonna do? Sit in a swinging chair and read a book? Why not do it on a back deck?
Spoken like a pleb without a 100 acre setback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads