• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This subscribe and save stuff is getting out of hand, Home Depot. Who gets a recurring order of GFI outlets?
View attachment 1435719

People actually subscribe and save?

I though everyone just used it to get an extra 5-15% off/free shipping when they aren't in a hurry to get the item...and then cancelled before the first re-supply.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m not one to get in the way of ******** in Clemson, but in general, I don’t get this seeming expectation that highly paid employees (executive level, yes, but still employees with a contract for their services that they are executing in good faith) should be required to voluntary give up part of their compensation.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not one to get in the way of ******** in Clemson, but in general, I don’t get this seeming expectation that highly paid employees (executive level, yes, but still employees with a contract for their services that they are executing in good faith) should be required to voluntary give up part of their compensation.
When things go well they get a **** ton of money. When things go bad they still get a **** ton of money except this time normal ppl get fucked over.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you missed the part where the Clemson coach was bemoaning the audacity of players wanting to get part of the cut that their jerseys/namesakes generate- calling them entitled.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you missed the part where the Clemson coach was bemoaning the audacity of players wanting to get part of the cut that their jerseys/namesakes generate- calling them entitled.
To clarify again, I’m not defending Clemson. I’m talking about this general movement (Passively aggressively pushed by ESPN) that all college coaches should take pay cuts during the pandemic. I don’t see this expectation pushed on a lot of other highly visible, highly paid occupations.
When things go well they get a **** ton of money. When things go bad they still get a **** ton of money except this time normal ppl get fucked over.
But that money is what their contracts and the market say their services are valued at, right? If they want to voluntarily give some up out of their own kindness and principles, cool. If the organization can no longer pay them because of hardship and tries to get out of or renegotiate the contract, I understand. But the expectation seems to be that they should all volunteer to take pay cuts, or else they’re assholes.

(Dabo is an asshole, but for a lot of other, far more deserved reasons)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But that money is what their contracts and the market say their services are valued at, right? If they want to voluntarily give some up out of their own kindness and principles, cool. If the organization can no longer pay them because of hardship and tries to get out of or renegotiate the contract, I understand. But the expectation seems to be that they should all volunteer to take pay cuts, or else they’re assholes.

true to an extent, but the market is propped up because the main cost of football programs (players) is free. If they had to pay the players, the coaches would be making much less.(Another reason why we see $100 million training facility/locker rooms)

brokencycle

Reaction score
To clarify again, I’m not defending Clemson. I’m talking about this general movement (Passively aggressively pushed by ESPN) that all college coaches should take pay cuts during the pandemic. I don’t see this expectation pushed on a lot of other highly visible, highly paid occupations.

All coaches should take a pay cut. Not because of COVID but because there is way too much spending in college sports.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People actually subscribe and save?

I though everyone just used it to get an extra 5-15% off/free shipping when they aren't in a hurry to get the item...and then cancelled before the first re-supply.
It's useful for some things. I have it on pet food/litter so I don't have to make "oh **** we're out" runs to the pet store anymore. Also water filters and furnace filters.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
University of Akron cut 178 faculty and staff positions, but is staying a Division 1 football team. They did get rid of golf so they could keep paying their football coach, so there’s that.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People are watching ESPN?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads