• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

source (3).gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just learned that Molly is traditionally a nickname for Mary. Why the **** would you have a nickname that’s a letter longer than your full name??!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why advertisements have to qualifie ball bearings with precision. Precision ball bearings sounds impressive, but does any manufacturer use imprecise ball bearings?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Harvard man and a Yale man are in the men's room. The Harvard man finishes first, and after zipping up and flushing, turns to the sink to wash his hands. The Yale man finishes up, and after zipping and flushing turns to leave the men's room. The Harvard man says "You know, at Harvard they teach us to wash our hands after using the bathroom," to which the Yale man replies "Well, at Yale, they teach us not to piss on our hands!"

A Princeton man who walks in, washes then goes to the urinal saying "at Princeton, they teach us to wash our hands before handling precious objects."

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but I don't get it. If the virus has an incubation period of 5 days, it lasts on surfaces max 4 days, and everybody doesn't have contact with others for 2.5 weeks how are people still getting sick from it. Shouldn't, in theory, the sick people have gotten over it, and the not sick people wouldn't get it and then the virus is dead from surfaces. What's the problem here?

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its asymptomatic often, and even when symptoms develop, there is that incubation period (as you realize per your above post).
Thing is, we aren't all isolated. You still have people working--this might be work from home for white-collar office jobs, but think of package handlers, the cashiers, doctors, nurses, corrections officers, police officers, firefighters...we are not all hunkered down inside.

Further, the stimulus package hasn't exactly instilled confidence that people are going to receive help they need, and I think people are still going to go into work sick. There are industries were working sick has been the norm for so long; I'm not sure that's something that can be rectified over night, and I think a fair amount of workers distrust the promises and protections their employers are making.

I learned of one case in my town: dude was working at a smoothie shop, still doing to-go orders. During his incubation period, he would have interacted with co-workers, those co-workers may have families, etc. Those members might have limited interactions with one close friend, etc...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
First, it's a 14 day period per knowledge of the moment. Second, you really think social contact is 100% broken? I mean, think of what's happening in every healthcare facility across the nation, grocery stores, etc. All these things are merely slowing the spread, they're not stopping it nor designed to.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question, but I don't get it. If the virus has an incubation period of 5 days, it lasts on surfaces max 4 days, and everybody doesn't have contact with others for 2.5 weeks how are people still getting sick from it. Shouldn't, in theory, the sick people have gotten over it, and the not sick people wouldn't get it and then the virus is dead from surfaces. What's the problem here?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Eh, I’d say it’s broken enough that it’s weird there’s literally thousands of new cases daily. It’s weird.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads