1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I selected my fuckin' seat when I bought the ticket.

2. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

don't they change this on you? I feel like I've booked tickets/seats only to wind up in the back of the plane.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

No, you only thought you did. It's like when little kids think they're "driving the car" at the amusement park.

[VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Pls see the highlighted above.

Some people purchase cheap airfare/utilize frequent flyer points or sales which don't allow them to select their seat until checkin. Many people use the online option to get a preferred seat if available.

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

On Southwest, checking in early gets you higher in the boarding order, which means better seats. I checked in right at 24 hours prior to my flight last week and got a window seat with no one sitting next to me. :slayer:

6. patrickBOOTH

Window seats give me the willies (unsettling feeling in the abdomen).

7. patrickBOOTH

It is amazing that flying to Virginia is easier than going to Jersey. Short cab ride and shorter flight vs. hauling to Penn Station and dealing with Penn Station to sit on a train with a billion sweaty people for 2 hours.

1 person likes this.
  8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Aisle seats are much better. You don't have to obnoxiously ask the stranger next to you to move if you need to use the bathroom.

9. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I checked in right at the 24 hour mark on both legs of my last trip. First leg I was like A30. Return flight - B30. Still got a window seat though.

10. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

aisle seats are definitely good if you have bladder issues. For all other reasons, window seat is best.

1 person likes this.
  11. MrG

MrG Senior member

On a two-hour flight, having to use the bathroom wasn't especially likely, and the aisle means you're the one being obnoxiously asked to move.

Also, I like the window for the view, and I'd rather have a window next to me than getting bumped by everyone who comes down the aisle. Plus, I'm a fan of whatever arrangement makes it least likely I'll have to talk to people, and aisles are not wide enough to fully discourage interaction.

I got A43 checking in on my outbound fight, and I was literally holding my phone waiting for the 24 hour mark. Coming home, I was busy and didn't check in until three hours after I could have, and I still managed to get B16 (and a window seat). Not too shabby.

12. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

You haven't been to the airport yet and been molested by a government agent after standing in line for thirty minutes listening to them give the same spiel over and over again only to have those in front of you still ask if they need to take their laptops out of their bags.

Or you could hold it.. Instead you get some fat dude making you get up so he can use the bathroom.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

They give you a blanket, right? Just bring an empty soda bottle or something.

1 person likes this.
  14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I def prefer the aisle seat. I am 100% boozing on flights of any duration so I don't want to ask anyone to get up when I need to use the bathroom.
    You can ask me to get up...I don't mind at all.

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

You can't do that.

Thanks a lot, Bin Laden.
    [​IMG]

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

It just needs to be empty, no?

Did other people's parents have a special "pee cup" for the kids (my parents only had boys, which makes it a bit easier) so they wouldn't have to keep pulling over during long car trips, or is that another example of my parents being weirdos?

17. patrickBOOTH

Clearly you've never been to Penn Station...

1 person likes this.
  18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

If it makes you feel better, people keep piss bottles in military trucks. Also, an ammo can makes for a decent shitter that you can then toss out of the turret.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Thanks, man. You've saved me hours of therapy.

20. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

lol, reminds me, my grandfather had surgery once and once he was home we visited him and my cheap-ass grandmother says to my dad "hold on, Paulie, I have something for you" ... and she comes back with my grandfather's (supposedly unused) hospital bed pan. "Stick this in the car, just in case."

my dad was like "you're serious?"