• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. I do the same thing. In fact, I did it last week. Woke up for some reason, and wound up in this weird existential crisis spiral. I just assume it's because that's generally the only time of day I have anymore where I'm not busy or distracted.

Ambien doesn't always help for me, because it starts to wear off before it's time to wake, so there's a window in there where I can wake up before I really need to be up.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always assumed that everybody has existential crises right before falling asleep and when waking up too early. Sleep deprivation, even on a small scale, really distorts one's thinking.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Early waking is also a symptom of depression. I wonder if there's some sort of more general association with waking up and mental distress.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I woke up early yesterday because I forgot to turn my weekday alarm off.
ffffuuuu.gif

I assume many other poor souls did the same.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Pio... you should know that Ambien is excellent at putting people to sleep but not at keeping them asleep. I used to take it overseas when I only had 4 hours to sleep and needed to get to sleep ASAP. Usually woke up feeling pretty great.

That's true and I should have remembered. I need to be more precise when replying to Linksie as he counts on us so much for advice. :embar:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I woke up early yesterday because I forgot to turn my weekday alarm off. :fu:

I was thankful for it. Passed out early on sunday night (after getting maybe 6-8 hours of sleep total the rest of the weekend in between offshore racing and drinking) and probably would have wasted far too much of my Monday if not for my weekday alarm.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's true and I should have remembered. I need to be more precise when replying to Linksie as he counts on us so much for advice.
shog[1].gif

Being an unlicensed internet doctor is srs bsns.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I woke up early yesterday because I forgot to turn my weekday alarm off. :fu:

Ha yeah, fortunately I got right back to sleep and didn't wake up until 11:30 (5 hours later)

i10casual

Reaction score

That's true and I should have remembered. I need to be more precise when replying to Linksie as he counts on us so much for advice. :embar:

That stuff makes my father sleep walk. He walked outside and to the lake this past summer. That's dangerous but he was also naked :embar:
That's his story, anyways.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These guys protesting meat in steakhouses:

They are just assholes.

Also, question for our resident lawyers--what are the proprietors of these establishments allowed to do to remove people from the premises? In the videos, they cry assault as soon as they are touched. I've always thought (at least with bar bouncers) that while they can't beat on you unless you attack them first, they are free to put their hand on your back and guide you to the door, and if that doesn't work, they can non-painfully grab you by the arm for some "enhanced guiding".

Obviously the guys in the second video are in the wrong when they go after the camera-man once they are already out on the public streets...but if you have an unruly trespasser in your restaurant, can you really not touch them at all?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My suspicion is that they have no expectation of influencing anyone actually in the restaurant. Videos like that are just a way to generate interest in their movement from like minded people and to make themselves look cool with vegan-hippy cred. So more of a recruiting and bragging tool than an actual campaign designed to influence people.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess you call the police? Although I remember the days, not too long ago, where you could punch out a guy for being a disrespectful, disruptive asshole and you'd get applauded, not get in trouble

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not trying to offend anyone here or start a ruckus but I don't get double breasted vests.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not trying to offend anyone here or start a ruckus but I don't get double breasted vests.

From my understanding, it's for people who actually have breasts. Edina could probably shed some more light on this topic.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never call the police. Never.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads