1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Ahaha how many people like are going to read her story and feel validated that they should keep doing the same thing...?!

1 person likes this.
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

All of them.

1 person likes this.
  3. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Actually, I've seen it before. A lot of the very poor play the lottery, but it seems to be scratch offs or something similar.

Well, she already broke the most important rule of winning the lottery - don't announce it right away and go see a lawyer and probably a financial adviser.

4. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I give her 16 months before she files for bankruptcy and her children are taken away from her by Child Protective Services.

The poor are poor for a reason.

Oliver is a dumb cunt. Everybody's known the lottery is a scam for the last two thousand years. If you don't know it's a scam then fuck you, you're a goddamn retard and deserve to be taken advantage of. As if you need to watch a privileged asshole pontificate about it to learn something as basic as "you will not win the lottery." Fucking piece of shit. He's worse than Bill Maher.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  5. brokencycle

Because you're holding them down, Harv.

1 person likes this.
  6. Harold falcon

No, the first rule of winning the lottery is "You will not win the lottery." it's like the Running Man, even the people they claim won the Running Man were just photoshopped and they were all killed anyway.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

It was about where the money from the lottery actually goes not about odds.

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    next thing harold is going to be telling us that we shouldn't be going to vegas. i don't like that man.

9. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Why had i never seen this show before?

10. Harold falcon

Oh, well that makes it ok then. He's still a dumb cunt. There's a reason he fled England (or Australia, or whatever shithole he's originally from) to come to America. LOWER TAXES. Same reason the Stones, the Beatles, Bowie and Rod Stewart fled that godforsaken shithole.

EDIT - and everybody knows where lottery money goes. If you win it goes to meth, hookers, and greedy relatives. If you're the state it goes in your pockets so you can continue your life as a public servant buying meth, hookers, and paying off relatives you've molested.

In Vegas (or AC) you're paying for the ambiance and the "free" drinks and the sexy waitresses. At least if you're playing table games. Go look at the people playing the slots and you'll see the true dregs of human society.

You're not a goddamn moron.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

So far that has been true… although my great uncle won the lottery 6 or 7 years ago. A little less than $10M I believe. He's getting old… hopefully he remembers me. :p

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I would have been sure he remembers me..:devil:

1 person likes this.
  13. Harold falcon

He has almost undoubtedly already spent it all on hookers and meth.

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

15. brokencycle

I think I might watch rewatch said movie this weekend.

1 person likes this.
  16. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

It was about how lotteries are advertised to be for children and education but instead of continuing to fund education from the general fund and adding on to that with lottery money states just take away all funding except lottery money and so schools remain underfunded.

17. Harold falcon

So like I said, it goes to meth, hookers, and paying off relatives they've molested.

And the idea that American schools are "underfunded" is as serious as Bozo the Clown. Take that shit to DU where it belongs.

18. greger

greger Senior member

"I provided part of that $2. I would like a proportionate cut of the jackpot."

If the state payed the proportion cut of the jackpot that each tax payer paid it would probably be less than $2.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Statements that begin like this are sadly often far more wrong than they should be.

Once my grandparents retired to Vegas, my grandmother loved to play the slots.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  20. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are sending out Valentimes messages on Facebook with pictures of their football players to where I'm like "Wha?"