• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's also called getting really ******* tired of blackouts, especially now that you have more of a reputation to lose :embar:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Betimes when I haven't seen people in a while they will ask "So what have you been up to, any interesting activities?" Every single time that happens I am stumped don't have a story ready in my mind about the things I han done. I think it's because my attention is almost all directed to the future and I do not care very much about things what have happened in past times. But then I always say "what have you been up to?" and I hear long, detailed stories.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is most marsupialed question you can be asked. Well maybe close second to "do you work here?" being asked by a friend at your workplace. So you're not to blame tbh

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stand-up desks and the people standing behind them. Srsly wtf? If you wanted to stand up all day you should have been a crossing guard or some ****. And why is this penchant for standing up like some new deal? I don't remember people wanting to stand up all day in the past and apparently people in California like standing up more than people in other parts of the country.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Standing is supposed to be better for your back than sitting, which is terrible for it. Speaking anecdotally, I don't doubt the benefits at all. I have chronic back issues, and I always feel dramatically better when I don't spend my days sitting at a desk.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some people work better standing plus sitting down for 8 hours a day, is tedious as ****, so changing it up helps.

I always stand up, when I'm on the phone, as it seems like I'm more energetic in my voice when I talk (at least in my head).

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having a ratcheting desk that I could stand at.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Stand-up desks and the people standing behind them. Srsly wtf? If you wanted to stand up all day you should have been a crossing guard or some ****. And why is this penchant for standing up like some new deal? I don't remember people wanting to stand up all day in the past and apparently people in California like standing up more than people in other parts of the country.

I stand at my desk as much as possible. Better on my back. Also, I never sit on the subway, and at bars and/or restaurants I always prefer to stand at the bar and eat/drink. My entire well-being deteriorates if I sit too long. I get tired and oddly bloated.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My mother bought me dick burgers.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dick De Luxe 100%beef...

I'm sure it's Neo's favourite one ..

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I installed a stand up desk in my last office, loved it. It was a nice alternative to sitting.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Somebody emailed me this link and thought I would find it funny. I feel like they do not know me as well as they think they do.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at least someone writes emails to you

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get plenty of emails. Don't read most of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics