• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I felt old after graduating college but lately I feel young again. It's all about brackets.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Actually, it's all about:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why are there 8-9 year olds on the playground at 10pm on Sunday and its a school day tomorrow.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found out today that my ex sister in law plans to breastfeed my niece until she's at least ten years old. Wtf!!!!!!!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Rambo just cleared his board of users (and their posts) who haven't been active lately (or in the past 12 months). :facepalm:

I mean, I can understand how you'd want to delete my posts. But nobody in their right mind would delete all of L'Incs posts.

He had to clear out a member who requested his history be erased, and Rambo being Rambo, decided to torch the halls of antiquity and keep just the current activity. Nothing personal, it's just personal. :shrug:

(of course, this post might get me tossed from his board, and I love the guy, but at this point I could get tossed from any board and not feel much sense of loss)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't really care about it but find it quite bizarre.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I don't get why lots of people nowadays make their personal greetings to one another on the Facebook. I guess it makes sense if you want to wish someone a happy birthday and your only contact info is FB, but there are dozens of Mother's Day greetings on there today. I presume there are better channels to make a heartfelt greeting to your mom. The cynic in me thinks that they are more trolling for likes than actually expressing their love.

I called and texted my mom today. I thought it would be better to hear her voice than to do the social media thing

what I don't get are married couples posting and tagging their spouses with humblebrags like "lets plan our next vacay to hoboken, (name of spouse)" or "(name of spouse) bring me to red robin on a date next time"... **** you, you pieces of *****.

Found out today that my ex sister in law plans to breastfeed my niece until she's at least ten years old. Wtf!!!!!!!

won't her nips get bitten off?

He had to clear out a member who requested his history be erased, and Rambo being Rambo, decided to torch the halls of antiquity and keep just the current activity. Nothing personal, it's just personal. :shrug:

(of course, this post might get me tossed from his board, and I love the guy, but at this point I could get tossed from any board and not feel much sense of loss)

oh so that's what happened. :(

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of that Facebook shite. Feeble-minded twits the lot of 'em.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't get why lots of people nowadays make their personal greetings to one another on the Facebook. I guess it makes sense if you want to wish someone a happy birthday and your only contact info is FB, but there are dozens of Mother's Day greetings on there today. I presume there are better channels to make a heartfelt greeting to your mom. The cynic in me thinks that they are more trolling for likes than actually expressing their love.

I called and texted my mom today. I thought it would be better to hear her voice than to do the social media thing

But other people won't see it, if you call, text, show up at her house (they might on the last one), so what's the point.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sat down in the Lincoln center to watch an opera and was surprised the seats didn't have little foldable tables. Four years of conditioning.

I also still have nightmares about finals and not being prepared. A common one is I wake up, realize I have a final right now that I haven't studied for or went to classes, rush and leave half the exam blank (sometimes I have pants on sometimes I don't) and then I actually wake up and takes awhile for me to settle down and remember I don't have to take more finals.

I think everybody has this exact same dream. I still have it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads