Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Apparently Gwen Stacy makes two babies with Norman Osborn. What? Soooo Emma stone and Chris cooper?

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Benfica is my favorite soccer team of world, and they just won their 33rd Championship of Primeira Liga. The Benfiquistas (fans of Benfica) were celebratory in a manner of as if just won World War II, with much pathos and bathos. (You should see some of the videos put together by the team Jiminy Crickets.) Why were the Benfiquistas so joyous? It was because they hadn't won a championship since all the way back to 2010.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I hate when people (usually consultants) address an email to one person and "et al". What the fuck is this shit? Just say, "HEY ALL!!!!1!" That would be much less weird and actually make me excited to read the rest of the message.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

L'Incandescent et al, why do I love thee?

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

At least it tells you who is the one person they consider important. If the salutation is "pB, et al" then you should feel smug. If you're part of the et al, you might as well leave work now and start looking for another job, so as to hasten the inevitable

6. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

That's even more blatant than the to: or CC: distinction.

7. L'Incandescent

Betimes when I send an e-mail to six people, I will name five of them in the greeting and then finish with et al. That is meant to send a signal to the sixth, unnamed person of which do not value him or her too much.

8. otc

otc Senior member

Ah, but are you important because you are in the To: field?

Or, was the sender nervous that you were too important and thus did not want to presume to send an email To: you (and thereby possibly expect a response on your part) and are instead delivering the email as a CC: such that it might appear that they are copying you as a courtesy and not expecting you to necessarily grace their email with your time.

9. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I am glad I don't have to email outside the company often. That shit can get dicey.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'd actually be a little irked if I were included as an "et. al."

I avoid this type of offense by starting all of my emails to groups with, "Sup Bitches and Motherfuckers." That way, I know I've captured everyone.

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

tragedy aside, there's something about people crashing big things that inevitably makes me chuckle. things like 500 foot boats.

"oh, shit!"

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Staring at my desktop during conference calls makes me wonder to myself, whose job is it to design windows icons? And how much time went into designing this extremely realistic looking mini wastebasket?

14. L'Incandescent

A lot of my Facebook friends are always be posting sayings about how they won't take no guff from people and how they're not going to let people who are emotionally abusive "get to them" anymore. To where I am thinking "Man, you need to find a new scene if these sayings apply to your life on the reglar."

Of course, these are the same people who post about how others should love them irregardless of their being insufferable bintys.

15. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Strangest weekend of my life...I guess I'm domesticated now? I'm not sure really. Am I in a relationship shit? I don't know really. Cray cray. But I'm not sure.