Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. why

why Senior member

I'm not some crazy person. I'm probably more well-adjusted than most of SF (not saying much, I realize).

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am a crazy person, but it redounds to beloved of Styleforum website (voted into the top ten of Styleforum Stastistics multiple times).

3. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Speaking personally here, I don't really know or care whether you are crazy or well-adjusted IRL. You are who you are, and that's for you and your family and your friends to deal with.

That said, your internet personality is curt and condescending. It shouldn't be a surprise that you alienate people. Who makes enemies on the internet by lecturing over what to call a container for beer? Often you don't initially even bother to explain your position.

You're obviously a smart guy and I enjoy your posts, even if I shake my head over them from time to time, and even if enjoying your contribution almost by definition requires people demanding explanations to your insults. Anyways, my opinion probably doesn't, and shouldn't, matter to you, but you seemed to be a bit bewildered about reactions you get. I'm only trying to help. :foo:

Most of my prods at you can be taken in good humor, FYI.

maybe because I'm too scurred to really go toe-to-toe with you

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014

4. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Is it possible to have internet-onset Asperger's?

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

as in you have aspergers only when you're on the internet?

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

It's a spectrum disorder and yes it's entirely possible for a person to react differently on the spectrum in different social situations.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Is there some kind of Illuminati funded 3D printing campaign or something? Every day there is a new article about what can be 3D printed, today it is organs!

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

One day they will make a 3D printer that can print 3D printers. Then those 3D printers will print other 3D printers. My imagination is too limited to comprehend what happens after that, but I presume it won't be good.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I also don't get why they call softballs softballs. Them suckers are not soft!!!...!!

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

The Singularity is near, my friend.

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Relatively, homie. Also nothing is soft if it's moving fast enough.

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Dudley's aren't terribly soft. Clinchers are softer and heavier.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Business related question here:

I found a role that is arguably a stretch, given my current experience, but I found the recruiter for the position and corresponded with her successfully (finding a cover letter contact, herself) and applied online as she had advised. I then emailed her letting her know that I had applied.

Two days later, I got an automated rejection letter from their corporate headquarters. Sucked, but not surprised. Fine.

But today in the morning, she emailed me out of the blue and asked me to send my resume directly to her email address, as well as the specific job ID I was applying for. I mean, what is going on here? It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm really confused. Regardless, I emailed her my cover letter and resume but did not tell her I was rejected earlier.

Anyone ever deal with this kind of situation? I don't think she's the person who reviewed my resume when I applied online or else why would she be asking for my resume. Thoughts?

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Let me guess, they were impressed with your qualifications and have filed your resume for future openings. Boilerplate rejection platitudes make me want to rampage.

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I have found that the business world in general is just getting more and more unprofessional in the hiring/HR department. I just expect the unexpected and my basic default is that the majority of the people screening for these decisions are just idiots. Good luck bro!