1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

It probably would but also endlessly frustrating. Think about the people who work there.

Yes, it was meant as sarcasm.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ haha.. sorry I didn't catch it… I was like "wtf Quiznos?!" The only "fast food" I eat is sushi so I don't know anything about that shit.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Sat down to eat this delicious breakfast torta. Fat redneck guy a table over sitting with his friend notices me eating it and decides to comment on it "Man that is some sandwich! What's it called!? Man! Phew boy! Can you believe that? Man!" "Yeah... It's a torta. From right there (point to mexican restaurant in the food court thing I'm eating at in the airport terminal.)" Man proceeds to stare at me for far too long while I'm eating it. While remarking to his friend how incredible my sandwich looks.

Wtf.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  4. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I'm not sure what I should be more worried about: the price of dog treats or the price of hot dogs.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

All reasons why I'm attracted to the idea of opening one. I imagine securing a good location would be the toughest part. Probably wouldn't run it myself.

I met a guy a couple months ago who owns several Subways. He told me to contact him if I have any questions. I should do that.

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I know a guy who owns several Crunch fitness centers.

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I'm sure it's just old churches made into cf boxes, but Church fitness sounds terrible "drop and give me 20 Hail Mary"

Hot dogs most dog treats now a days are made with better ingredients than people food, I'm sure the quality of hot dog saugages haven't gone up.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Conch Fitness sounds like it's in a shell or something have to be a big shell to fit strongmen in to it!

3 people like this.
  9. patrickBOOTH

Scungilli Fra Diavila Fitness!

10. patrickBOOTH

You know how really cheap like $3 umbrellas they sell at bodegas and such? Well, they come from a factory not far from where I live. It is called Conch Umbrella Factory. I've always wondered why.

11. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

"The composition of this is ambiguous/confusing." HUFFF!!!

back to our regularly scheduled programming:

totally see your point on quality dog treats, but the price difference is massive. $20 for like 8 ounces of the good stuff (good enough for Booth and I to eat while in a drunken stupor) vs. like $15 for a 10 lb bag of hot dogs (good quality hot dogs too).

12. L'Incandescent

Ain't even gonna lie, if Archetypical_Yuppie and gomestar started up an online feud, I would regard that as quite entertaining. It would be like those classic Jerry Lawler/Dutch Mantel feuds in 1980s Mid-South wrestling.

2 people like this.
  13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I thought you were talking about hot dogs from stands, which are retardedly exspensive, but have you looked at the ingredients in hot dogs, it's basically waste and additives.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  14. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

ugh, no, those are gross.

copy/paste from the online ingredient list for the stuff I bought:
    "Pork, Water, Beef, Veal and less than 2% of the following: Salt, Dextrose, Corn Syrup, Flavorings, Sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Diacetate, Modified Food Starch, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Natural Casing Derived from Lamb."

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Factoid: hot dogs are "forced meat" sausages.

16. L'Incandescent

The other day a person did mock me for pronouncing "whilst" basically as "while" with an "st" at the end. Person insisted it was properly pronounced like "will" with an "st" at the end. In all my years on this globe I have never heard anyone say it that way.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

There's your answer.

18. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

People who buy bottled water before getting on a plane. Soft drinks are included in the ticket price!

19. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

It takes too long for them to serve them, if you think you'll get thirsty in the first hour after being seated

Unless you fly first class, of course :embar:

20. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Rape culture?

2 people like this.